Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interrailing August 2013

Options
  • 01-07-2013 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Right, so I'm thinking of packing my bags and hitting the tracks of Europe from around the 9th August - 30th August. I've never inter-railed before but really excited about the prospects. Just looking to enjoy the adventure, meet loads of new people and laugh out loud a lot. :D

I really don't mind what counties I visit, I'm thinking that I'll start in central Europe but I would like to visit Sweden at some stage of the trip, if the logistics allow. Anyway, I'm open to anything that is thrown my way. I'll be travelling solo on this adventure so if it's something you're thinking about too let me know.

I'm 30 since May and I figured, it's about time I saw some more of Europe and less of this emerald isle that I love so much...just for a change. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Hi there
    I did a month of interailing on my own in june. I loved Munich and Prague. I hated Vienna (it was too hot). Everyone has different experiences. I've heard Berlin's meant to be beautiful. Likewise, Budapest and Bratislava. Any questions ask away. :D Oh I've been to finland too (different trip). Lakes are beautiful there. I had a day trip to Tallinn and I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Check out this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056891462

Went last year for 3 weeks on my own, had the time of my life. Munich > Lake Bled > Ljublana > Pula >Zagreb > Belgrade > Budapest > Bratislava > Prague > Berlin.

Lake Bled is a must for anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Moschippy

Hello,

I'm actually interrailing too in August. Does anybody know anything about reserving the trains? I assumed when I got my ticket that I could just jump on and off anywhere I wanted. Now I am being told that I must reserve all the trains I plan on using.....at an additional cost. This to me seems like I'm being handcuffed and I don't really have as much freedom as I thought. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Mark

You will need to reserve your seat if you are travelling in the major countries, Germany,France etc.. I costs about €2

The only train I had to reserve my seat for was from Munich to Lake Bled. That was just because the German guy in the train station said I HAD to.

Thanks Vinyl Junkie. Can I reserve my seat in the train station on the day? Or do I have to book well in advance? I will be getting a train from Milan to Venice on my first day and I'm a bit worried that I will be stranded.

• Advertisement

You book it at the train station, it can be quite handy you can relax while everyone else rushes onto the train. If it's handy to drop into the train station earlier in the day to book your seat.

A tip if you get stuck, I didn't book a seat from Prague to Berlin - the train was packed, people sitting on the floor between carriages so I just sat at a table in the food carriage for the whole journey reading a book an ordering the odd beer. ;)

Cool. Thanks again.

Advertisement