Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wrong glasses

Options
  • 01-07-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently called to my optician and asked for a copy of my prescription so I could order safety glasses. He gave me the copy and I ordered the glasses online. They arrived and when I tried them on I couldn't see properly through one eye.
    I contacted the company and they told me to bring them to the optician to see if the lens was the correct one as per the order.
    It was. It turns out that my optician did not fill my prescription properly, missing a 0 in one section.
    The company say, and I agree with them, that the mistake was not theirs and they can refit the lens but I have to pay for it. It's about €45 inc.p&p, not much but still a bummer. Or they said my optician should be able to do it himself.
    So...
    Should my optician fit a new lens for me for free as it was his mistake?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

I thought this was a thread about the terrible abuse of the incorrect stem-wear in Irish restaurants. Perhaps I am bing too picky about that fly... :pac:

Advertisement