Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a best healer these days?

Options
  • 01-07-2013 8:45pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, back playing the last few weeks and enjoying things quite a bit.
    I have not raided since before the release of MOP so im unsure as whats the best healer if indeed there is a best healer, i understand it might be situational and different classes better depending on the fight.

Focus will be pve 5 mans and raiding.

My healers as of now are

Monk 90
    Priest 88
    Shaman 84 [currently leveling]
    Druid 85
    Pala 80

thoughts appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Raidin with Disc priest and Monk atm,disc seems good but holy sucks. Sometimes holy pala. Pala's supposed to be not that good on ptr atm. Shammy's where bad but dunno if still the case, dunno bout druids either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I find Druid to be the best, for me anyway. Mana doesnt seem to be an issue. I like the fact you can move while casting most of your heals. In the likes of BG's i find you can last alot longer, more of a chance to bail if thingts heat up.

Im leveling a monk atm, he is dual for dps and healing. I enjoyed playing him in the early levels in BG's, now i find him useless for dps or being able to survive in BG's as dps. Healing in Dungeons is fine, mana is not an issue for me, but if you have a fast moving tank your fecked. You need to channel to heal properly. I find if dps in bg's lock on to you, your pretty much fecked.

Ive been healing with my Disc priest for Alune daily. I find mana burn is a major factor. Saying that i dont have him properly specked for just healing.

Both my druid and priest are 90 with varying degrees of gear. My monk is 75 pimped out with leveling gear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

lol im hopping between shaman,druid and priest healing dungeons and very little questing and slowly all 3 are approaching 90, tonnes of rest xp makes the levels fly.
    While my monk is the only one at lvl 90 i find it to be the easiest of all to pump out big healing numbers,maybe the others will change at 90 ,only a couple of levels to go on each.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tsar_debean

play a priest as holy/shadow and i've another priest thats holy/disc both at 90 disc seems to be the most powerful healing spec out of the 2 anyway

also have a little resto druid at 90 seems to hold her own in LFR and world bosses wonder if thats because you can hot everything up and wait for tranq to cool down

Holy pala live at the moment are one of the strongest healers but as pionted out by the op the nerf stick is inc. in the next patch according to ptr players

hope that helps a bit :-)

Correct me if im wrong but ive been doing a wee bit of research on some forums and im hearing holy priest and shaman are struggling in raids?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I play holy/disc and agree that disc is very powerful at the moment. Can be tricky to time spirit shell properly.

I found holy to be very hit and miss, depending on the fight. Different chakras work for each fight so once the right chakra/glyph combination is found, it can be great. On horridon, my holy output was/is terrible but is massive on tortos and magaera, for example.

No idea about shamans as our guild currently doesn't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

When ever I see these threads part of me likes it as it makes me think about my healers part of me doesn't as picking a healer based now fix point in time performance is not smart.

What I do like is when people talk about there healers and what they like about them. First things first if your doing mainly 5 man all healers are good, I run most of them in full pvp with pvp talents and they are easy . Lfr int much harder so if you plan to raid proper you need to consider strengths and weakness in more detail.

I have one of each healing class bar monk, my current main healer is shammy . I love the instant heals from a shaman something quite satisfying about it, in lfr with stacked groups I can do near top on healing meters but I know if it was 10 man with out grouped up fights I'd be in trouble.

Currently leveling my priest as disc (88) and having allot of fun I'm liking the damage prevention approach to healing, power word shield and heal up. Preist lacks big out put and takes much longer to get people up than others, as I pvp this is a contender for wpvp.

I have a Druid at 90 which I have retired for now , these guys are triage healers rely on constantly refreshing hots ect . I found it boring compared to other healers but from persective of keeping folks up it could be strong as situation is not an issue .

Holy pally is currently ret and will stay that way, it's a strong single target healer and its ale is much better but I find it boring and simplistic. Other healers have much more in their toolbox that cold benefit a raid .

I'd keep playing all 3 and see how you like their play styles then go from there , are you going to do challenge mode ? May help ya decide also.

Disc is fine no doubt but to me its always felt boring to play, as i healer i like seeing the numbers and actually seeing my heals.
    Holy on the other hand is a lot of fun right now and and always was for me, holy priest has been my main all the way up until MOP when i rolled the monk, my priest is 89 at the moment, looking forward to getting the lvl 90 skills, cascade looks fantastic.
    I enjoy the monk healing but it feels like im in less control than my other healers, also something that might seem strange to some but i really dont like the sounds of mistweaver heals, for example the priest and shammy sounds are great as is the druid,sounds to me in any game is a big feature and no less in wow.
    Im also not mad about the mana tea and chi mechanic.
    I ran a LFR lastnight on my monk, average gear for LFR and i topped the healing charts just ahead of a shaman,the crazy part is i havent healed on it in ages, i was totally rusty, even found myself having to read skill tooltips at one stage :P but all i done was rolled hots keeping renewing mist off cooldown and spamming uplift along with chi burst,chi torpedo and popping thunder mana tea.
    Its just stupidly easy to play imo and no real strategy involved thus makign it not hugely enjoyable for me personally.
    The Shaman like holy priest is a lot of fun too,i simply love chain heal especially with the watery look glyph.
    Druid is fun but i personally find hot managing to be not so enjoyable and gets tiresome.

Hand on heart i reckon im torn between the shaman and holy priest at this stage as im leaning towards fun over healing numbers, priest lvl 89 and shammy 86, ill get both to 90 and runs some content to hopefully find which i want as a main :P

Monk is slightly overtuned ATM as they are trying to grow the class, it's not the worst healer all depends on what ya find fun . Toolbox on shammy is just so good , that's why I love it .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Dcully wrote: »
    Hey guys, back playing the last few weeks and enjoying things quite a bit.
    I have not raided since before the release of MOP so im unsure as whats the best healer if indeed there is a best healer, i understand it might be situational and different classes better depending on the fight.

Focus will be pve 5 mans and raiding.

My healers as of now are

Monk 90
    Priest 88
    Shaman 84 [currently leveling]
    Druid 85
    Pala 80

thoughts appreciated

I've everything at 90, except a monk/hunter/lock and I'll always heal if the class allows it. I think right now, priests and druids are where its at for pvp healing, but when it comes to pve, shaman and druid.

I found healing large groups with average gear on my priest / pala and somewhat druid hard to heal compared to healing with a shaman. They are seriously good healers if they have the time of day to cast, which is why imo they fall down in pvp.

So in a nutshell, the best all round healer imo atm is a druid. Very fun class to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Don't think there is a best to be honest. Mana isn't a problem in MOP so you can pretty much play whatever you like.

I'm led to believe shamans and restored druids are the best healers in high end raiding at the moment.

Yah I have heard similar, shaman are top of the pile for pve, then priest / druid followed by monk paladin.

Monks are actually really decent but they rank lower due to the knowledge of people playing them.

Advertisement