Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this June: July Edition

Options
  • 01-07-2013 7:16pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Right lets go for another month!

Had a pretty decent month for beating games but I could do better. Here's the tally:

The Last of Us
    Brutal Legend
    Asura's Wrath
    Resident Evil 5 (both DLC episodes)
    El Shaddai
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Currently concentrating on Lollipop Chainsaw and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've actually finished a game since i got my PC. Granted, it was only Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, but i did get everything!

Have started Sniper Elite V2, but it's not holding my attention. Will probably start Section 8 and see if that is any good. Really should play the BTTF episodes too...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Ok, actually got to finish the story on sleeping dogs, i quite enjoyed the game play on it and used to be a big fan of GTA. Downloading GTA4 Episodes (to give it a second chance!) is there any other games of similar nature that are any good? Something i might pick up in the steam sale?

So yeah one game target for this month GTA4: Episode from Liberty City

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First game of the month finished, Lollipop Chainsaw. It got average reviews but I have to say I don't understand why. It was an absolute blast. The combat was far more nuanced than I expected and it was hilarious the whole way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I'm still only half an hour into The Last of Us. Finding it hard to get time to play what with all the other games I have.
    I'm going to aim to finish The Last of Us, and Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning. If I get that done before the end of the month, I'll think about Fable III

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

assassins creed 3 - only on sequence 3, but enjoying it so far
    far cry 3 - only on chapter 2 i think? only played it for an hour but i really like what i see so far :)
    fable 3 - didnt get to finish it last month :( but shall work through it this month :)

and to make things a little sweeter , assassins creed 2 - giving myself about 15 days to complete it when its out this month

dont think il be able to finish any of them haha but i shall try!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I beat WipeOut 2048 on the Vita the other day. Really enjoyed it. I think WipeOut is my favourite racing series.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Going to start Tales of Vesperia and Fry Cry 3 both XBOX 360 so hopefully have them done by October edition of this thread. Was thinking of buying Just Cause 2 on stream as it is cheapish but will wait now for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I've been trying to complete Goldeneye Reloaded on the Ps3. Man this game sucks! It's just a bog standard FPS shooting gallery and the final few levels/areas are beyond hard that it's just stupid ie. when your're protecting Natalya while she's at the Goldeneye console soldiers are just spawning from everywhere at random and if you've to get by on luck not skill. It's the same with the last bit where you've 4mins to stop Trev from reactivating Goldeneye - guys spawn out of everywhere, shooting while they're running, it's idiotic.

It's nothing like the N64 game and nothing like any Bond film.

This game sucks so bad but I'm determined to clear it before getting rid of it (likely to a nearby rubbish bin)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Loving Rayman's Jungle Run on Android. Some devilish levels in it.
    Trying to complete F1 2012 Career mode. Might as well be trying to cure cancer. :o Game is incredibly tough. It's brilliant though I love it. The dynamic weather system is class!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    First game of the month finished, Lollipop Chainsaw. It got average reviews but I have to say I don't understand why. It was an absolute blast. The combat was far more nuanced than I expected and it was hilarious the whole way through.

Yeah, thought it was a great game myself. Well worth picking up for anyone who hasn't played it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Working through Uncharted 3 on PS3 at the moment until my new computer is up and running..

Some of the trophies are so stupid :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Beat Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. It's one of the best lightgun games I've played. Loads of fun. It also reminded me of how good the series was and what it's become :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

About 7 years after first starting it for the first time, I finally finished Shadow of the Colossus. I really think its a superb game, if you own a ps3 do yourself the favor of picking it up.

Started Heavy Rain, enjoying it so far. It's pretty intense, make sure you are in a decent place emotionally before playing it :pac:

Yeah definitely because you'll want to punch David Cage before the end of it for all the stupid in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Started playing Catherine last night after finally getting a night where herself was working as I didn't want the judging looks. Loving it so far. Really can't believe how much I am enjoying this. Don't know if I'd enjoy it as much on hard, its got just the right amount of frustration for me on Normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Started going back through my old games to re-complete them, as I haven't bought anything new until The Last of Us yesterday.

- Re-finished Deux Ex HR incl. the Missing Link (tried to max out all augmentations, but fell a few short).
    - Finished Mafia II Good fun but short, tried to get all the Playboy pages, but missed a lot of them.. sigh..
    - Playing though The Saboteur (great fun, but looks like crap after playing Mafia II)
    - Started Just Cause II again, trying to destroy all enemy targets, but I don't think I'll live long enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Am actually playing Just Cause 2 at the moment too.

The thing about the game is to approach it differently to how you play other games. Keep moving and keep up momentum. Stick to higher ground and whenever possible grapple onto Aerial vehicles. If nothing else, before they get shot out of sky you'll get a chance to fire stuff at soldiers and then maybe just maybe you'll be able to crash the vehicle into something of us.
    Never forget your grapple is a weapon. When you need to reload use the grapple to stop as many enemies as possible from shooting at you. It also pays to explore for the armour and weapon parts crates. :)

Before you are spotted try to be as stealthy as possible. To gain the best position and advantage before engaging. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Gonna try and finally finish off an old classic; my thesis :o

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Playing Okami at the moment, I was a bit put off at first but I'm really enjoying it at the moment, I probably get through it quick enough.

Might try Saints Row 3 next.

I started Cathrine a while ago but I need to go back to it, think I was about half way through.

I also started Dead island ages ago but never went back to it so I must give it another shot at some stage.

I'll probably play bits and pieces of Battlefield 3 in between those.

Playing Okami at the moment, I was a bit put off at first but I'm really enjoying it at the moment, I probably get through it quick enough.

No you won't. That game is a good 80 hours long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

Playing The Last Of Us, then will get around to finishing uncharted 3 on crushing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

I started playing that on Wii, and I don't know it the HD telly was doing it no favours but it looked hideous, a blurry mess. Might give the HD version on PS3 a shot.

It looks fine if you play it with component or RGB scart. AV composite always looks gash.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Radiosonde wrote: »
    I started playing that on Wii, and I don't know it the HD telly was doing it no favours but it looked hideous, a blurry mess. Might give the HD version on PS3 a shot.

The HD version looks lovely, I probably would have never played it if it wasn't free on ps+ a few months back. I don't think its too expensive on the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Polar101

I don't remember if I finished any games in June.

This month it's going to be XCom Enemy Unknown, as I only have the last mission to go now. I played the original 20 years ago on the PC, didn't really think I'd like the new version but it has been fine. And I'm even playing it on the PS3!

I guess everyone is enjoying the weather. I've beaten House of the Dead 2&3 on the Wii. Not exactly a long game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

indeed, weather has been distracting , god is punishing me for loving of gaming more then going out -.-

anyhow

assassins creed 3 complete :D didnt do many side quests or finish the ship missions, was really focusing on the story and i have to say i loved it, story really got me into it, id give it a 9/10 i just didnt like the connor fella that much :L dont know why people didnt like the game i thought it was up their with ac 2 :)

now that i mentioned that im working on ac2 haha completed it before but since it came out free im going to do it again

havnt touched fable3 since i became the king
    and far cry 3 is kinda boring me to be honest :/ dont know why i just cant get into it, the story is good but the game just doesnt interest me, gonna find it hard to complete before the end of this month, too much other commitments to do..... hate life

Advertisement