Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a quality metal detector around Dublin?

Options
  • 01-07-2013 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Where in Dublin city would I get a quality metal detector ? Not one of them kids ones but a proper one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Colash wrote: »
    Where in Dublin city would I get a quality metal detector ? Not one of them kids ones but a proper one

Was going to get one myself until research turned up the fact that you need a licence and to get one you have to be a professional archeologist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

If you can't buy one, build one? http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Metal-Detector

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

sundodger5 wrote: »
    Was going to get one myself until research turned up the fact that you need a licence and to get one you have to be a professional archeologist.

That wouldn't stop me buying one to be honest . There's alot of them online but I'm sure a shop wouldn't turn down your cash if u went into buy one?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

It would be fun on the beach and on your own land.
    Here is a Thread about the 'ins and outs of it'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

Xantia wrote: »
    It would be fun on the beach and on your own land.
    Here is a Thread about the 'ins and outs of it'

I think it would be a serious hobby . That's why I want to get a right piece of kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

Maplins in blanchardstown centre have them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

meercat wrote: »
    Maplins in blanchardstown centre have them
    Hard to see Maplins being competitive with anything, particularly higher value items.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Colash wrote: »
    I think it would be a serious hobby . That's why I want to get a right piece of kit

The point I was making is that it is not legal to use them elsewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

dodzy wrote: »
    Hard to see Maplins being competitive with anything, particularly higher value items.

and the ops question was???????????????;)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

http://www.minelab.com/emea/metal-detectors

made in cork, its ironic with the strict laws.
    They are expensive and hi tech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Tommy Varro

Sorry, I don't live in Dublin so I can't give you any advice. What kind of metal detector you are looking for? gold metal detector or underwater metal detector?

Advertisement