Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Under 25 Car Rental in Ireland/Dublin

Options
  • 01-07-2013 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any rental companies that would let a 22 year old rent a car for a month? (In Dublin)
    I've had my full 2 years.

Excluding Dooley because they do 4 x price for u25s which is extortionate...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

You could probably buy a car for what it would cost you, it certainly wouldn't look as good as the rental though!
    Rates that OSI got charged look decent, but Ireland is different, so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

USA rent under 25. Most EU countries don't. Never understood why.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think you'll be ok if you pay by credit card and a full licence.
    Ring them all and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Cheers for the responses guys, will ring around!

I did consider buying 2nd hand but insurance and tax seem like a lot of hassle and a lot of the sub-E1000 cars are out of NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

biko wrote: »
    I think you'll be ok if you pay by credit card and a full licence.
    Ring them all and see.

I'm fairly certain the only places in the EU that you can rent under 25 are the Balearic Islands and some of Greece. At least that was the case with Hertz and some of the major players. Unless of course your in the military, which again seemed like a weird clause to me.

USA Hertz had no problem giving me anything from a Dodge Caravan to a Ford Explorer to a Corvette.

• Advertisement
Advertisement