Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haddington Road Agreement anomaly

Options
  • 30-06-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I understand thatt if a public service employee's salary was €80,000 they would lose 8% (€80,000 less 8% ie €6400 = €73,600 ) but if salary was less at €79,000 they would only lose 5.5% ie €4345 = €74,655 under the Haddington Road Agreement. 

This would mean an employee on a lower salary would actually take home more than one with a higher salary. Is  this true? And if so surely it is inequitable to gave such a situation.

I would have thought that the 8% cut should only be applied to the portion of salary over €79,999 and not the whole salary.

Did I miss something here?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD CLOSING COMMENT:
    This OP is a duplicate of an earlier OP found in the News & Media forum. Duplicating OPs and posts in more than one forum is considered spamming our site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement