Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purge valves

Options
  • 30-06-2013 8:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34

When I started diving some years ago, dive masks had purge valves; now they don't. Why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Modern dive masks have this very handy feature called... well, I don't really know what it's called, but there's this kind of opening where you stick your face. When you breath out through your nose, the pressure causes excess air and water to leak out of the mask through the gap between it and your face ! :)

Apologies for being facetious, but it was kinda warranted, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Too late its out there in the relms of the internet forever . So ya cant take it back :eek:

The purge valve was removed as it another fail point that is simpily resolved by the contact point of face and mask and by the nasal exhale .

...The purge valve was removed as it another fail point that is simpily resolved by the contact point of face and mask and by the nasal exhale .

Yeah, that's what I said!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Never mentioned the extra fail point and i was nice ;-p

• Advertisement
Advertisement