Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone Warehouse Enquiries

Options
  • 30-06-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Knowing me i have started this thread in the wrong forum so I am apologising in advance! :confused:

I won a samsung galaxy s3 mini two weeks ago from meteor. Yesterday my little girl dropped it on the concrete and the screen is completely shattered. I have no insurance and was wondering if carphone warehouse accept phones with damaged screens as part of their trade in promotions?

It will cost €195 to replace. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Give them a call in the morning and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niamhhealy86

ok thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Knowing me i have started this thread in the wrong forum so I am apologising in advance! :confused:

I won a samsung galaxy s3 mini two weeks ago from meteor. Yesterday my little girl dropped it on the concrete and the screen is completely shattered. I have no insurance and was wondering if carphone warehouse accept phones with damaged screens as part of their trade in promotions?

Home contents insurance? (Do the math before making a claim)

Another option might be selling it on adverts.ie as is. €195 to you or me might be €50 to someone in the industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Another option might be selling it on adverts.ie as is. €195 to you or me might be €50 to someone in the industry.

Who mentioned Home contents insurance? Surely the op was referring to the usual accidental damage/loss insurance on the phone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

lowkeyreturn mentioned it, it's in that post you quoted :P seems like lowkey offered the suggestion of claiming off the home insurance if it was a financially viable option :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niamhhealy86

How much would you recommend selling it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

How much would you recommend selling it for?

The most you can get :p Honestly I don't know - see how much trade in you can get and try and sell it for 50% more perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

They knock 50euro off the advertised trade up value for a cracked screen. They dont advertise that.
    195euro to replace that screen is a joke. Sure it only cost 130euro to replace the screen on the Samsung S3....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

The screen on an s3 mini is either €71 or €91 to have it replaced by Fonua not €195. I will double check the exact price later but I'd get it repaired for that price. You won't get a new phone for that price as good as that phone....

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

For damaged or BER handsets, Carphone only give a fiver. I'd shop around regarding the repair price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

My bf repairs these phones in work for about €50 I think. Where did you get €195 from op? That is robbery.

As for selling, you'd get €180 for it, maybe less as the screen is damaged.

Advertisement