Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Escape Plan (Stallone & Schwarzenegger)

Options
  • 27-06-2013 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭

Arnie and Sly together again. Looks like great fun, but I think the trailer might give a little bit too much away.
    IMDB Link - When a structural-security authority finds himself incarcerated in a prison he designed, he has to put his skills to escape and find out who framed him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Looks quite entertaining, if nothing else the pairing of Arnie and Sly. Will definitely see this in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I laughed at the "Yoo heet like a vegetarian!"

I love prison movies so putting Sly + Arnie together in one had my interest straight away when I heard of it and it does look like good fun from the trailer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Is Arnie playing the bad guy in this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet.
    Looks like a tangent spun from the first part of Face-Off.
    Usual conspiracy lark etc, and another pension payment for Arnie & Sly, but being a fan of "Breakout" movies, I'd probably be keen enough to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

looks like an 80's throwback, high concept nonsense. yay :D Arnie's line delivery is godawful though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Needs Kurt Russell :P as it reminds me of Tango and Cash

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Needs Kurt Russell :P as it reminds me of Tango and Cash
    Well said. The should also stick him in the next Expendables movie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Saw a trailer for this on the TV. Looks good. Looks like Arnie has been touched up more in post production than a student of the Christian Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well said. The should also stick him in the next Expendables movie.

Stallone has tried but he keeps turning the movies down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

if he designed it he should have no problem escaping it so

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Stallone has tried but he keeps turning the movies down.

Russell was on something of a career break for the past few years which may explain why he's said no, to not just Stallone but a whole slew of other big roles. With The Art of the Steal, Fast and Furious 7 and Bone Tomahak coming out over the next year it's obvious that Russell is back acting and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see him featuring in Expendables part 4, though that said, I'd much prefer him to give us one last Snake Plisken adventure, one preferably not written by either him or Carpenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Read this on IMDB;

Most notable thing about escape plan is that Sam Neil gets to work alongside a couple of dinosaurs yet again.

:)

Still can't wait to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

It does look like fun and even though I know it'll be terrible, Im sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Saw it tonight and it was great fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Been done before, can be done again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Can't wait to see this. Arnie is the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It's terrible, but it's still fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Arnold is so bad, I went a step beyond cringing.

Good fun. Makes no sense, but most Stallone films don't nowadays...or ever probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Your man playing hobbs the prison warden is the image of a young eric roberts I thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

ricero wrote: »
    Your man playing hobbs the prison warden is the image of a young eric roberts I thought

To think he was playing Jesus Christ only 10 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Watched this last night and thought it was quite good. Not an Arnie classic but not his worst either.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Gotta admit I enjoyed this more than I thought I would, stupid fun. harks back to a high concept 80's/90's action film. Jim Caveziel looked like he was having a blast making it, and it's nicely full of swearing and violence unlike the watered down pg action movies today. Dumb as a bag of hammers but ticks along nicely and doesn't outstay it's welcome, would be a perfect lads in with beers Friday night film.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Looking forward to seeing this but, does Stallone work as director or producer aswel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

its alright.

it did have some nice twists in it and the lads take the piss out of each other in the script "you dont look that smart" etc so it had its fair share of funny moments

but its more one for the DVD with a few beers TBH.

guess its a 6/ 10.

not even a bad 6, its just not something ya desperatly need to see in the flicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Saw this a few days ago. Somewhat ashamed to admit that I was looking forward to it quite a lot, I'm a huge fan of Schwarzenegger.
    The bottom line is that if you are a die hard aficionado for the stars and the glory years of 80s action you will enjoy this. The plot is ludicrous, the dialogue cringe-worthy the performances suspect at best and the action is completely forgettable but having said all that there was still a lot of fun to be had in watching the two guys playing off one another.
    It was more a movie of knowing winks than overtly eye rolling cheese. I still can'ttotally warm to Stallone, he's still a hypertrophied ego maniac after all these years. He can't let himself be portrayed as anything less than the best of the best, the smartest man in the room etc, etc. At least Schwarzenegger knows that in this case it's all about having a laugh. That unforgettable scene when he rants and raves in German,oh man. Also, who knew waterboarding Arnie would be comedy gold? I think Stallone comes off way worse overall in the movie. He's probably a slightly better actor than Arnold but Arnie has got something. A tremendously hilarious watchability.
    Of the recent "geriactioner" films I thought this was the most solid since the first Expendables. The Last Stand and Bullet to The Head were big let downs and the non stop cheese fest that was Expendables 2 was one of the worst two hours I ever spent in the cinema. It's pretty low key action wise. A lot of blah, blah not so much bang bang. Probably just as well considering the ages involved.
    A pity that it didn't really utilize it's supporting cast to it's full potential. Any movie where 50 Cent gets more to say than Sam Neil is just flat out crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Fairly good, I would not call it terrible at all, it was fun and not a CGI ridden mess like a lot of hollywood fodder of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Must say I really enjoyed this. Arnie is hilarious in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Not an amazing film by any stretch of the imagination, but as a fan of both actors I definitely enjoyed it. Highlights for me were
    Arnie ranting in german. Arnie running to tha choppa and then picking up the machine gun and ploughing through everyone. Also during the Stallone - Vinnie Jones fight, at one point Stallone has Jones in some kind of headlock and is pummeling away on him. I'm pretty sure Jones just screams out Fück Off at this point. I don't know why but I found it hilarious.

Could have done with some more action as I enjoyed the last twenty minutes far more than the previous sixty odd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,154 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The end was hilarious
    Arnie admits he is the reason Sly ended up in the prison, and could easily have died at several points - and they just laugh it off.

Advertisement