Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trance Production

Options
  • 30-06-2013 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if there are any trance producers lurking around here? It could be an idea to start a thread going where we can set up collabs, share production tips, bounce ideas off one another and post our productions up to get some feedback from people who are actually into the genre. (Stick a 138 bpm song up in a generic feedback forum and you won't get too many (good) replies!)

Anyways, feel free to introduce yourselves! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

I'm making trance - but at 180bpm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭paulo6891

The faster the better NeuroJazz :D

I'll get the ball rolling...

I'm a bedroom producer with dreams of making it big, I'm always one song away form the big one :p

I produce 138bpm trance, although Im toying with the idea of 132 stuff.

I'm running logic off a couple of computers and hope to buy VEP to really increase my horse power.

I recently discovered the buzz of actually buying plugins, using things like sylenth, ValhallaRoom reverb, Waves Maxx, H-delay, Cytomic Glue, Dada Life Sausage Fattener, Omnisphere, Access Virus snow, East/West Hollywood Strings Gold and possibly one or two more that I can't remember.

Would be interesting to get a bit of interaction going between some like-minded people.

paulo6891 wrote: »
    The faster the better NeuroJazz :D

I'll get the ball rolling...

I'm a bedroom producer with dreams of making it big, I'm always one song away form the big one :p

I produce 138bpm trance, although Im toying with the idea of 132 stuff.

I'm running logic off a couple of computers and hope to buy VEP to really increase my horse power.

I recently discovered the buzz of actually buying plugins, using things like sylenth, ValhallaRoom reverb, Waves Maxx, H-delay, Cytomic Glue, Dada Life Sausage Fattener, Omnisphere, Access Virus snow, East/West Hollywood Strings Gold and possibly one or two more that I can't remember.

Would be interesting to get a bit of interaction going between some like-minded people.

From experience - unless in the same room - collabs are hard. If possible get a DJ involved as they see things very differently and help shape productions bigtime - they are the people who end up playing your music out and can help with hot tips on new material to A/B against.

Cheers. Yeah, I don't know if I'm at the collab stage just yet as I'm very protective of my work, but feedback etc from people in the know would be great, and maybe threads like this can be a place for people to get some feedback from other trance-loving producers! (although I understand the need to impress more than just those who are already into trance!)

paulo6891 wrote: »
    Cheers. Yeah, I don't know if I'm at the collab stage just yet as I'm very protective of my work, but feedback etc from people in the know would be great, and maybe threads like this can be a place for people to get some feedback from other trance-loving producers! (although I understand the need to impress more than just those who are already into trance!)

There's a thread stuck at the top of the forum for feedback on tracks (or the forum just gets polluted with spam) - It's fairly active, but proper production feedback is something you'd only get with human to human in a collab really (after some level of trust is built up) - It's a labour intensive process where there must be some mutual comeback :)

A+R or producers (in the traditional sense) would shape people in that way without collaboration usually - or hit up pointblank/seaj with a paid course and get a mentors experienced view - you are more likely to get an unbiased/impartial review that will focus your career if you get me :)

Getting detailed feedback for what you need will be hard on a static forum (we can do tech advice really well) - but because people are bombarded with stream of music on nearly every social stream and mailbox - patience isn't there for detailed appraisals :)

Kidnap a DJ! ;)

• Advertisement

What's seaj? I've seen the point blank course and didn't like what I heard.

Pyramind were doing one with 7 skies for 500 or so quid. Really respect him but decided against it. I do see the appeal in such courses though - I just think that maybe I'm a bit past that stage and at the point where it would be nice to exchange ideas/opinions with other like-minded and similarly (good or not so good) skilled producers.

I've tried the feedback forum a couple of times over the last year or two but never got much feedback, either it was just inactive back then or else most people there aren't into trance - it seems a little more active now though.

I will have to find a DJ somewhere though!

Here's a cool tutorial for anyone into the genre who's reading this. Hopefully your russian is as good as mine! It's by Ost & Meyer, so it's a respectable/current source

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Hi, how is the trance production coming along? Would love to hear some stuff

Hopefully I'll have something to show you by the end of next week! (Don't be expecting too much though!)

Advertisement