Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A tune up ver.3 gearbox aug?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Ok I have an sp 120 spring or whatever for my aug but people say it can ruin the internals of the aug so I'm getting a ver3 tune up for aug for m120 or m140 I'm not sure does that mean spring or motor. This upgrades the spring guide, bushings, gears, piston and maybe a few other things but is this the right tune up? Another one maybe for au-1g.ill include the link its on airsoft guns.ie. also I've been told that the plastic bushings gets eaten up inside the aug and these ones would do (metal). Thanks http://www.airsoftguns.ie/upgrade-parts/1053-element-full-tune-up-kit-for-ver3-airsoft-aeg-gearbox-level-1.html?ps_full_site=1

Yes it is the right kit but you honestly don't need all those new parts. Just get new bushings or bearings and reshim the gearbox. Most of the parts in that kit are probably fine in your aug so there's no need to replace them all. " if it ain't broke don't fix it"
    Btw I'd say your spring is an m90 spring because most retailers downgrade guns properly by replacing the spring with a lower power spring so you should be fine there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

I agree with Untamedlemon if it aint broke dont fix it but having said that the AUG gearbox could do with a bit of a once over
    As mentioned all it needs is to replace the nylon bushings with Metal ones and a good shim job
    If you wish to go a bit further the do the Angle Of Engagement and fit a Bearing spring guide and you should be good for many many thousands of rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Airsofter911

I have a new spring that is sp 120. I've to bring my aug off to store due to something (I'm not sure). I've a few days to decide but I'm looking for an increase in fps, range whatever (I have a new battery as well that is 9.6v instead of the regular 8.4 so that might cause a few problems with the stock internals) I've heard there's smoother performance and it could but prob not be quieter. (It's for a farm)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

I have a new spring that is sp 120. I've to bring my aug off to store due to something (I'm not sure). I've a few days to decide but I'm looking for an increase in fps, range whatever (I have a new battery as well that is 9.6v instead of the regular 8.4 so that might cause a few problems with the stock internals) I've heard there's smoother performance and it could but prob not be quieter. (It's for a farm)

Not sure if you live in Ireland or not but if you do an sp120 spring would put your gun way above the limit at around 400fps. Just something to be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Airsofter911

I'm in England and my i have a license (for farm work).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

What does your license cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Unfortunately that would still be too powerful for the UK's airsoft limits.
    No licence covers an Airsoft device as they can't be serialised!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement