Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell shipping location for Europe

Options
  • 30-06-2013 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Does anyone know from where Dell computers are actually shipped from for Ireland? I was thinking Poland?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

justmehere wrote: »
    Does anyone know from where Dell computers are actually shipped from for Ireland? I was thinking Poland?

last time I got a laptop from them it originated in China

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

My last two were from Germany. I wouldn't buy dell again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

GarIT wrote: »
    My last two were from Germany. I wouldn't buy dell again though.

Why not. Is there really any difference between the brands anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Depends on what it is you're buying, could be Poland, Holland (distribution) , US or probably other places as well.

Why are you asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

beauf wrote: »
    Why not. Is there really any difference between the brands anymore?

I've been in court with them twice and spent over 20 hours on the phone with them to get them to fix both laptops, motherboard on both went in the 13th month. They themselves have said they will do everything they can to avoid carrying out their legal obligations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've had a similar problem with phones. Who do you think is better for (looking after customers) computer and laptops? Apple is a mixed bad, sometimes good, sometimes bad. I had good experience with Dell in the past. But maybe I got lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

beauf wrote: »
    I've had a similar problem with phones. Who do you think is better for (looking after customers) computer and laptops? Apple is a mixed bad, sometimes good, sometimes bad. I had good experience with Dell in the past. But maybe I got lucky.

From my experiences it very much depends on who you get to deal with in the first instance. The people in support have quite a bit of discretion when it comes to organising repairs, replacements are a bit tougher bit if you get a decent and friendly support agent even those can be a lot easier to organise.

Most importantly it very much depends on your own attitude towards them. Obviously they're more likely to help a friendly customer who doesn't give them grief or attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Most Dell Products shipping to Ireland ship from Hinkley in the UK.

In terms of manufacturing:

Servers and Storage - Poland

Desktops - Poland and China

Notebooks - China

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭justmehere

wexie wrote: »
    Depends on what it is you're buying, could be Poland, Holland (distribution) , US or probably other places as well.

Why are you asking?
    Hiya. Because I've just ordered a computer and the web status says it's shipped - but not from where, so I was just wondering.
    AlfaZen wrote:
    Most Dell Products shipping to Ireland ship from Hinkley in the UK.

In terms of manufacturing:

Servers and Storage - Poland

Desktops - Poland and China

Notebooks - China
    Great, thanks for that.

I've used DELLs for years and never had any problem with the ones I've ordered. This is the first time getting a PC since they moved operations out of Ireland though.

It's coming from Lodz, Poland in case anyone's interested :-)

• Advertisement

It's coming from Lodz, Poland in case anyone's interested :-)

But it will go via Hinkley in the UK. Is there other items with it like monitors or printers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

GarIT wrote: »
    I've been in court with them twice and spent over 20 hours on the phone with them to get them to fix both laptops, motherboard on both went in the 13th month. They themselves have said they will do everything they can to avoid carrying out their legal obligations.

What did you take them to court for? It reads like you had a basic one year warranty and you didn't want to pay for parts that failed after that point..

AlfaZen wrote: »
    But it will go via Hinkley in the UK. Is there other items with it like monitors or printers?
    Yup

AlfaZen wrote: »
    Has reached some place called Tamworth in the UK

Has reached some place called Tamworth in the UK

Tamworth is the sortaition centre where your computer from Łodz Poland will be merged with the other items you ordered. This site is managed by Syncreon (formally Walsh Western).

Advertisement