Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Note to Crusader777 (And others)

Options
  • 30-06-2013 1:24am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭

[Moderator]

Not wishing to pick specifically on you, just you're the topic at hand right now, and I want to make sure this not only is seen by you, but also to serve as a notice to others who may be paying attention.

This is normally a peaceful and respectful forum. On rare occasions we get the odd idiot troll which gets slapped and banned in short order. You do not, however, meet this standard.

However, since your recent round of contributions (and for some unknown reason, focus on extolling the virtues of the RAF Regiment), things here have been... well... less than tranquil.

It is for reasons like this that we have in the forum charter a 'prejudicial to the good order and general enjoyment of the forum' line. It's our local version of Article 134 for those of us familiar with the UCMJ. Thus far, we haven't really had call to use it, but I'm getting sorely tempted.

Before continuing on your current posting style, I would ask you to consider the question of "is this going to be well received, and if not, how do I best support my position." To be clear, there is nothing wrong with a minority viewpoint, but if you're going to go around antagonizing people, you had better (1) be able to support it, and (2) do it for good cause.

Please bear this in mind as you continue to post here. I really am not one for arbitrary bans, so I want to make sure you are given every opportunity possible to integrate here. However, my patience is limited.

[/Moderator]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement