Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hayfever

Options
  • 30-06-2013 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

For the past 3 years Ive been suffering from really bad hayfever that is driving me crazy!! Ive tried clairitin and zirtek but they werent great as in they were ok for an hour or two but im back to sneezing constantly which i then end up with a nosebleed, blocked/runny nose and extremely itchy eyes! I also got eye drops which i cant put in at all.. ive tried getting other people to put them in but my eyes are extremely sensitive.
    I went to the doctor who recommends that i get the injection but I absolutely hate them so Im not sure if its worth it :confused: He gave me a nasal spray called 'dymista' which when i use i end up with a nosebleed :(
    It got really bad in May to the point where my eyes would completely swell up and I kept getting asked if I was crying :( I then had to do the leaving cert with it but thankfully it wasn't at its worst. This week has been bad again but pollen count isnt high so im wondering if it is hayfever? :confused:

Anyways has anyone got any remedies and is the injection good? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

For the past 3 years Ive been suffering from really bad hayfever that is driving me crazy!! Ive tried clairitin and zirtek but they werent great as in they were ok for an hour or two but im back to sneezing constantly which i then end up with a nosebleed, blocked/runny nose and extremely itchy eyes! I also got eye drops which i cant put in at all.. ive tried getting other people to put them in but my eyes are extremely sensitive.
    I went to the doctor who recommends that i get the injection but I absolutely hate them so Im not sure if its worth it :confused: He gave me a nasal spray called 'dymista' which when i use i end up with a nosebleed :(
    It got really bad in May to the point where my eyes would completely swell up and I kept getting asked if I was crying :( I then had to do the leaving cert with it but thankfully it wasn't at its worst. This week has been bad again but pollen count isnt high so im wondering if it is hayfever? :confused:

Anyways has anyone got any remedies and is the injection good? :)

I'm sorry but the forum charter forbids giving medical advise so I'm going to hav to close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement