Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The after Life and NDE's

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Geomy wrote: »

Have you no opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

My opinion is that the Cleric in the interview is open to other religions and that the journey to God might be different for different cultures and people of different personality's

I am wondering is he starting to become more open minded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Geomy wrote: »
    My opinion is that the Cleric in the interview is open to other religions and that the journey to God might be different for different cultures and people of different personality's

I am wondering is he starting to become more open minded

That was my take from it as well. Can't pigeonhole all Muslims so easily now. Dammit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

smcgiff wrote: »
    That was my take from it as well. Can't pigeonhole all Muslims so easily now. Dammit :)

It makes sense to me to be open minded,there's more than one type of fish some like saltwater more like it fresh, some like a current more like it stagnant, some are docile more are aggressive. ..

I like to see more portrayals of moderate Muslim's, Christisms, Hindus, Budfhists etc. .

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭confusedquark

It's an interesting perspective. Does make some sense - I do sometimes wonder what will happen on judgement day to people who have been good in their lives, but aren't Muslims. Because as much I love my religion and believe it to be the truth, I do appreciate that if I was born a Catholic or a Jew, chances are that I would see that religion in the same way and probably wouldn't want to convert to any other one.

There's a verse in the Koran which says "Allah guides whom He wills to a straight path", so I can't go around judging other people and their religions, especially as I'm nowhere near perfect myself.

Edit- Incidentally, that Sheikh gave a talk with a Christian speaker in NUI Galway a few years back, discussing Islam and Christianity. Was very constructive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement