Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lambs with dirty ends.

Options
  • 29-06-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭

Gave all lambs first dose around a month ago(Mid March flock)....lambs thriving well but the last week or so some lambs getting skittery dirty ends ...the changeable weather prob causing it...have others noticed same with store lambs....are dosed for minerals and healthy lambs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Have one or two. Nothing dosed yet, besides a round of Chanaverm for Nemo over six weeks ago. FEC test sampling/drench resistance test (STAP) tomorrow and will go again with Chanaverm as it's what I have in store, then will FEC again next Monday. All lambs got bolus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

i had a outbreak of dirty back ends a week ago anout 20 of 100 in one batch and vet put it down to cocci even though i had them dosed 5 weeks before that with vecoxan, waiting on faecal samples to come back this week. There back ends were very black
    dosed with vecoxan again plus a worm drench and seem to have dried up and thriving again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

razor8 wrote: »
    i had a outbreak of dirty back ends a week ago anout 20 of 100 in one batch and vet put it down to cocci even though i had them dosed 5 weeks before that with vecoxan, waiting on faecal samples to come back this week. There back ends were very black
    dosed with vecoxan again plus a worm drench and seem to have dried up and thriving again

They had been dosed with Cydectin find it good,gave them repeat dose this eve and will see if ends dry up.Seem to be in good form.

Advertisement