Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoCo Grants

Options
  • 29-06-2013 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Really struggling to find information on this, as studentfinance.ie is now only about SUSI and my council's website has really nothing on it (Roscommon).
    I'm re-applying for a grant after repeating a year in college, and I earned around €2,500 in 2012 - the year it's assessed on. The limit is €26,000, and my mother is also assessed as I'm only 20. She's well under the limit as she's been on unemployment benefit for 2012.

My question is, how is it calculated if the student themselves has earned in 2012? Is it €26,000 together or how exactly does it work?

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

I thought all grants are done through SUSI now?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

I originally started my course in 2011/2012 and received a grant from the county council then, so they sent out my re-assessment form this year

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The income is added together. A student can earn upto 3800 during holiday periods without it counting as means.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

Perfect, thanks mango_salsa!

Advertisement