Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A I missing something? Sony LCD tv 14STG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

General rule of thumb: if it sounds too good to be true, it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

More then likely a scam at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Thom Merrilin

General rule of thumb: if it sounds too good to be true, it is

lol, all his (14) feedback were left between 9:08am and 9:31am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,444 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I see it's listed as Kennington which is only 2 tube stops away from me. Would nearly ask him could I pick it up in person.

No way he could say no, is there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jharr100

Yeah.. obviously a scam...
    But why ask so little?
    He has more chance of scamming 300 or 400 pounds than 15 before people get suspicious.
    I know he probably wants a fast buck...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Looks legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,313 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Report it?

jharr100 wrote: »
    But why ask so little?
    He has more chance of scamming 300 or 400 pounds than 15 before people get suspicious.

If it's obviously a scam, then why start this thread? You are obviously one of these people you are talking about. :p

If it's obviously a scam, then why start this thread? You are obviously one of these people you are talking about. :p

It only became obvious after I'd created the thread. Sorry for wasting your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

But why ask so little?

because if people buy it for 15 and then realize its a scam they might not bother going to the trouble of claiming the money back from paypal, where as if you paid 300 - 400 you are definatly going to try to get it back

• Advertisement

because if people buy it for 15 and then realize its a scam they might not bother going to the trouble of claiming the money back from paypal, where as if you paid 300 - 400 you are definatly going to try to get it back

I'd make a terrible scammer...

But why ask so little?

Bloke in pub probably told him that under £15 it isn't considered fraud, and a civil matter, and it would better to hit 10 people for £15 each than one at £150.

..or something. Who knows. He has sold three already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

callaway92 wrote: »
    I see it's listed as Kennington which is only 2 tube stops away from me. Would nearly ask him could I pick it up in person.

No way he could say no, is there ;)

Any chance you could collect two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Business seller information

fdgdfs

Seems legit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

I would definitely go for it but he added in that the dongle required for wifi is not included. Definitely not worth it so. Will message him and ask if he would reconsider adding in the dongle

15 pounds for a tv lol

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

I'd make a terrible scammer...

He also has other tvs for sale at a similiar price so could make a nice few pounds from it.

Gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Not sure if ebay is best place for scamming people. Based on my experience to open dispute with paypal is very easy and no trouble.

It does take few weeks to get money back, but I wouldn't think its trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

You get nothing if the sellers account is empty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

dodzy wrote: »
    You get nothing if the sellers account is empty

A -€800 balance on my paypal account would beg to differ:D

P.s I didn't scam anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I do find ebay (and paying with paypal) one of the safest places to shop. Paypal is very understanding and reasonable and happy to sort out any disputes. Paypal lives from ebay so a reputation that there are scams on ebay and not solved and that people are loosing money there might really damage paypal.

Anyway to stay within the topic .. if you buy tv for 15 .. I think paypal will refund 15, but also suggest an appointment with psychiatrist for thinking you actually get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You are missing something OP, The letter M, "A I missing something?" should obviously read "Am I missing something?" ;):p

Advertisement