Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD major-minor??

Options
  • 29-06-2013 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, I'm just finished the leaving, and have been trying to work out what i want to put on my CAO. I know I'm cutting it fine asking questions like this now, but I'd really appreciate some help with this as soon as possible. the deadline is the 1st of July!!
    I've been very interested in social science, but I also wouldn't mind doing a business degree.. say Commerce in UCD. I was wondering is it possible to do Commerce, but by choosing my electives correctly i could end up with some sort of a minor degree in social science or sociology?
    Again, I'm in a rush for information here, so any information would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 waspsting

lukemeany wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just finished the leaving, and have been trying to work out what i want to put on my CAO. I know I'm cutting it fine asking questions like this now, but I'd really appreciate some help with this as soon as possible. the deadline is the 1st of July!!
    I've been very interested in social science, but I also wouldn't mind doing a business degree.. say Commerce in UCD. I was wondering is it possible to do Commerce, but by choosing my electives correctly i could end up with some sort of a minor degree in social science or sociology?
    Again, I'm in a rush for information here, so any information would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you.

AFAIK commerce students don,t choose electives.
    No, if you do the course commerce thats the bachelor that you get.
    For your own personal interest you may be able to study sociology outside the timetable in horizons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I dont think so, minors only really seem to be a thing in the arts programme (I'm not sure about social science but BComm dont have them as far as I'm aware).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I think if you take about 3 modules in Social Justice you can get a little diploma or something like that, but that is the only one I've heard about.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lukemeany

OK thanks very much for all the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Fad wrote: »
    I dont think so, minors only really seem to be a thing in the arts programme (I'm not sure about social science but BComm dont have them as far as I'm aware).

Social Science does have them. I completed a joint Major in Social Policy and Sociology.

• Advertisement
Advertisement