Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay Problems...

Options
  • 28-06-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So I have been working in a company for just over a year now, I'm 21 years old and still getting paid a ridiculous 6.92 an hour (What's the point in calling anything minimum wage?)

My manager is a pain in the ass and it takes him forever, along with countless nagging sessions for him to up the pay.

However, I have had previous employment in another company, it was only a temporary position and lasted 4/5 months!

Here's my dilemma... I'm fairly convinced that, as I worked in the previous company for 4/5 months, this should count on my "1st year of work experience after the age of 18" "law" that they have, which would mean that I should have, by right, got an increase in pay back in February? Could anyone help me clarify this?

All help and advice would be much appreciated chaps :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ThePhantomYoda

Even possibly a suggestion about who to talk to like the Revenue office etc. would help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

The national minimum wage for experienced adult employees and the sub-minimum rates for young people and certain trainees are as follows:

Rates on or after 1 July 2011
    Experienced adult worker €8.65
    Aged under 18 €6.06
    First year from date of first employment aged over 18 €6.92
    Second year from date of first employment aged over 18 €7.79

By my reading, 4-5 months is part of a year, not a year, so you haven't been working for two years. However, I could be wrong, and it could be that because you're in your second year of employment, you could be entitled to 7.79 ph.

Ring workplacerelations.ie (formerly NERA), and have a quick chat with them. They'll tell you the wage you're entitled to, and how to go about getting it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ThePhantomYoda

Thank you buddy! :)

Advertisement