Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Independent Postgrad Appicant

Options
  • 28-06-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi all,

I think I may qualify for a the €6000 fee grant for a postgrad.

I have been living with a friend and away from my parents house for since June 2012. As far as I can see this only needed to be the case to qualify for independent from December 2012.

The problem is I have no utility bills in my name at this address however. Will bank statements and a lease agreement be enough documentation to cover me in this regard???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jemmyboy

And I've just realised I've spelt the title wrong :-(. Can mod correct this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Had the same problem some time ago.

Go to citizen's information. Explain the problem, and ask if they will witness an affidavit for you. They will have access to a justice of the peace who will sign. This will be accepted in lieu of other proofs. There wasn't even a charge.

endacl wrote: »
    Had the same problem some time ago.

Go to citizen's information. Explain the problem, and ask if they will witness an affidavit for you. They will have access to a justice of the peace who will sign. This will be accepted in lieu of other proofs. There wasn't even a charge.

I really have to do all that? I recieved letters from the social welfare at the address but can't find them now :mad:

Didn't think it would be that much of an issue. May get my application submitted and get my documentation in order so!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

jemmyboy wrote: »
    I really have to do all that? I recieved letters from the social welfare at the address but can't find them now :mad:

Didn't think it would be that much of an issue. May get my application submitted and get my documentation in order so!

It's not really 'all that', in fairness now...

Get your friend to write a short note explaining the situation. Phone the grant awarding body, either vec or local authority. Explain it to them. They'll send out the affidavit statement. Pop down to citizens information.

So, a letter somebody else writes, a quick phone call, and a few minutes in a local office. It's the last time you'll ever do so little for six grand...

Ha suppose when you put it like that it isn't much at all!

Thanks for your advice! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement