Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE - BitTorrent Bundle - Pixies New Song + Coachella 2004 Live Album

Options
  • 28-06-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

http://bundles.bittorrent.com/pixies/

pixies04_cover1.jpgpixies04_cover2.jpg
    New music from the reformed Pixies previously amounted to merely a one-off iTunes-only single (‘Bam Thwok’) in 2004, but days after the announcement that Kim Deal had left the band, they have released the brand new ‘Bagboy’ track as a BitTorrent bundle.
    It’s a two-step redemption process. Anyone going to the BitTorrent/Pixies link page – http://bundles.bittorrent.com/pixies/ – will automatically get a live version of ‘Where Is My Mind?’ from the band’s performance at the 2004 Coachella festival.
    In order to get the new song, however, there is an email-harvesting angle where fans have to enter their email address – but as an incentive for doing so they also get the band’s full 20-song Coachella show as a set of MP3s.
    BitTorrent is increasingly keen to position itself as being on the side of the artists and an important new marketing and promotional channels for those who don’t see it as synonymous with piracy. Alongside working with acts like DJ Shadow, Pretty Lights and Alex Day, earlier this month Public Enemy used the platform to release a new track as well as its assorted stems for a fan-driven remix competition.
    Included in the BitTorrent Bundle are

- Where Is My Mind | Coachella 2004 - BagBoy [Audio] - Bonus: The Entire Coachella 2004 20-song live set, It will be delivered to your inbox [Audio]

For the 19 tracks on the album must confirm your email address.

The song is also available to share/download/listen to on their website - http://pixiesmusic.com/new/

Interesting to see what this may lead to. If more Artists do it etc.

More notes on Coachella 2004 Pixies Performance:
    • Bone Machine
    • Umass
    • Isla de Encanta
    • Wave of Mutilation
    • Broken Face
    • Cactus
    • Caribou
    • No. 13 Baby
    • Gouge Away
    • Tame
    • Monkey Gone to Heaven
    • Debaser
    • Velouria
    • Hey Gigantic
    • Nimrod's Son
    • Here Comes Your Man
    • Vamos
    • In Heaven
    • Where Is My Mind?
    • Into the White

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not a big fan of the new single, but I'll take the Coachella bundle.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Basq wrote: »
    Not a big fan of the new single, but I'll take the Coachella bundle.

Cheers!

Downloaded as i was posting, still haven't heard the new single..

I am going to play it from their link now..

But the track listing from Coachella looks good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Nice one! Liking that tune!!

Advertisement