Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD MSC in Computer Science (conversation) Vs UL MSC in Computational Finance

Options
  • 28-06-2013 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any one can help me. I am interested in going into the field of computers and I have a primary degree in economics. I have a year experience dealing with finance and I was wondering if any one had done the UCD course or if any one who has had experience in the field could tell me which one is better. Whilst studying economics I really got into using the econometrics programme called microfit and running regressions etc, this is what has sparked my interest. Am I going down the wrong avenue or do these courses suit?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

What do you want to do at the end of it? The conversion course tries to turn you into a Computer Science Graduate, the UL course trains you in a particular field.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Career wise, the two course lead you down two completely different routes.

Doing econometrics stuff using microfit wouldn't have much in common with either course, but would lean towards computational finance.

If you're trying to combine a finance and computing you should consider looking at the MSc in Finance & Information Systems that's taught between UL & NUIG (The finance component in UL and the IS component in NUIG)

Advertisement