Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debenham clothes bought in Newry, can I exchange them in Dublin?

Options
  • 28-06-2013 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭

Okay so my father bought my son some clothes in Newry last week, but since Debenham clothes tend to be fairly small I want to get the next size up (or on the case of one top, exchange it for something more my son's style) they only have sterling tags, can I exchange them here in Dublin? Would there be any issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

there is definitely an issue...but they may do it anyway...depends who you get ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I asked the last time I was in that belfast sale shop, they said there wouldn't be a problem. Whether it was truthful or not I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Not sure of Debenhams but I once changed something in M&S, Galway, bought in the UK. They did not have the right size so I had to choose another style of item. I recall they explained that they could not refund the transaction at the Euro price in store as it wasn't originally bought in that currency. Fair enough - but they gave a refund on the GBP price at such a bad Euro rate I was disgusted! I then had to pay the additional cost between the refunded Euro rate and the inflated Euro markup.... Yay...!

Maybe if you are just swapping a size in the same line of clothes you may be ok.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Call them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hard to say. There might not be a problem with a swap, but a refund could be a different story due to different currencies. Just head to the store and ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

We have done it in the past. But, why not just phone and ask them rather than speculate here?

Advertisement