Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC

Options
  • 28-06-2013 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just moved house and couldn't get connected to SKY so I went with UPC after being told over the phone that I could get the basic TV package that allows you to record programs. When the engineer called to install, he told me I could only get the basic no-record function, this is useless to me. Can I cancel the contract based on this. Still in the 1st month of contract.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

So, the installer came with the wrong box?

Have you called UPC and asked them to investigate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 WackyD

When the guy came to install, he told me that my location was unsuitable for whatever function allows program record, only the basic 1 line

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'm not sure that makes sense to me. A signal is a signal, and the box then either has the ability to record or not.

But, again, have you called UPC and discussed it with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Perhaps the exchange doesn't carry a complete signal in that area. Bit of an odd one. I've only ever heard of people being denied the broadband or phone. Not the digital +

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

beauf wrote: »
    Perhaps the exchange doesn't carry a complete signal in that area. Bit of an odd one. I've only ever heard of people being denied the broadband or phone. Not the digital +

My OH cant have the recording function either - area he is in doesn't support it or something and he is missing quite a few channels despite being on the same package as me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 WackyD

Can only receive basic package, no + function, although on the plus side, the wife can only watch Strictly or X Factor, maybe not so bad after all. I'll call them and see what the schtory is, if they cant provide dig+ I'll try and cancel the contract, cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

They may need an additional signal to record, and you may not have enough bandwidth. You won't have that issue with Sky but it will work out a bit more expensive not having the two bundled.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Are you on cable or mmds?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,225 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They may need an additional signal to record, and you may not have enough bandwidth. You won't have that issue with Sky but it will work out a bit more expensive not having the two bundled.

Cable TV doesn't work that way.

The only possible explanation is that the OP is on MMDS, which is an entirely different system with difference packages to the cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

MYOB wrote: »
    Cable TV doesn't work that way.

The only possible explanation is that the OP is on MMDS, which is an entirely different system with difference packages to the cable.

Many thanks for the correction, any links to somewhere I can read up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement