Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tripods

Options
  • 28-06-2013 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

So the other night I used a tripod, and it had a little twirly wheel on it to make it go up and down a track in height built in.

but the name of this feature is after completely blanking from me anyone know what i'm on about? its not an attachment this is built into the tripod.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Rack and pinion geared centre column

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Lurching wrote: »
    Rack and pinion geared centre column

What would be a nice affordable one to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Depending on the cam your putting on a tripod!
    ive one of these;
    Libec-LS382a
    it's a bit pricy tho! I bought mine second-hand.
    Flimsy tripods are next to useless you need weight to get steady shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

What is the circled part called and what is its purpose?

I need to get a tripod for someone beginning in photgraphy. For medical reasons they would need to be seated, could someone sugest a light seat or stool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

its called a pan handle, and it's used to 'pan' and tilt the camera around and up and down.
    If this wasn't on the tripod head, you'd have to grab the camera to pan or tilt, which wouldn't be very good.

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement