Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miele S762 Vacuum Cleaner - €130 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

God...

4002514989730.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

waldo wrote: »
    Was looking for a new vacuum cleaner, and saw a great deal on the Arnotts site today: http://www.arnotts.ie/Product/MIELE-S762-Vacuum-Cleaner-Yellow/351914/325400450

Free delivery with Arnotts. €130 delivered. The same machine on amazon.co.uk is £230.

nice machine but poverty spec 2000w motor

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

nightster1 wrote: »

Do you know of a good one by any chance at a reasonable price? I'm looking for a new one at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

fondue wrote: »
    Do you know of a good one by any chance at a reasonable price? I'm looking for a new one at the moment.

DID where doing a Dyson for 199 last Sunday, went to store and they where sold out...not of the hoover but the 199 stock, it was back up to nearly 300 euro....while standing next to sales guy I bought one online with Store pickup....then the idiot wouldn't give me one out of stock they had, had to come back next day for someone to pick the same hoover as the day before off the floor and hand to me....still a good deal:P

• Advertisement

2000w motor is huge, anyway its how the suction is created not the power of the motor that is important.

Commercial Nilfisk hoovers have only 1200w.

Don't go near Dyson, they are sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭ablelocks

cgarrad wrote: »
    anyway its how the suction is created not the power of the motor that is important.

heh heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

My 2200w Miele would suck for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Miele all the way. Have one a few years now and wouldnt buy any other brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭dodzy

Great input there, with sound data to back up your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

pissed wrote: »
    Miele all the way. Have one a few years now and wouldnt buy any other brand.
    my mother has one for about 10 years now and its bombproof and a different class of a beast than the cheapo LG yoke I use in the apartment.

dodzy wrote: »
    Great input there, with sound data to back up your claim.

Search boards for "miele dyson" and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭dodzy

Search boards for "miele dyson" and see.
    No, I don't need to. My DC29 works just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I'd disagree.

Miele machines are so well engineered, that 2000w is all the oomph you're gonna need.

I've the S8310, but if used at full power, I'd almost certainly blow a hole in the space-time continuum.

Good spot OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ditto to this. you can't go wrong with a Miele, worth spending a bit more on too if at all possible to get a better model, bearing in mind it'll be the last vacuum you ever need to buy, so worth pushing the boat out imho. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Reasons? My parents have one and my brother and never had any problems with them.....mine is working great, it is brand new, looked at Miele based on TodayFM review but cost of bags are not cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I think Miele are well known to be better than Dyson and probably the best there is.

Credit to Dysons advertising department though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,111 ✭✭✭✭unkel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

unkel wrote: »

Hes comparing an old mid range dyson to a new top of the range miele, not a particularly fair video.

I've seen 2 dysons used over 8 years, not bother on either of them. I'm sure there is an aspect of hype and over pricing, but from the little I know of home applicanes miele is as bad if not worse than this !

My opinion, if your spending that money at least get something that doesnt need a bag, they are such a pain in the arse !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

Have two Dysons in the house . The main one and a handheld.
    I would recommend them to anyone.

Miele are a highly respected German brand and 2000w is loads in that unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

imitation wrote: »
    from the little I know of home applicanes miele is as bad if not worse than this !

My opinion, if your spending that money at least get something that doesnt need a bag, they are such a pain in the arse !

odd_you_know_nothing_jon_snow.jpg

Advertisement