Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designing type posters based on slang greetings and county colours...need greetings!

Options
  • 27-06-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

MPR29NE.png

So I'm designing typographic posters as a personal project, and I'm using slang greetings of "Hello, how are you?". I'm from Waterford, so naturally I started with that, but since I'm not from the other 31 counties I don't know what you guys say...I have ideas like "Story, Bud?" for Dublin but be great to get how you say hi wherever you're from. Sound!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

How's things?
    What's the craic?
    Howya boy?
    Alright now

Cork greetings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I thought waterford people said stuff like "Well boy,are ya having a blaah"?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Derpington95

"How's she cuttin?" Also will these be on sale I like the design on the howya boy one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Well horse?

'Bout ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Wha de fuhk r ya luukin at you gowl- Limerick.

Mere an I thell ya a qeistin- Limerick

Haaaaaaaannndddddiiiiicaaaaaaapppppp -Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

In Leitrim they say "Hows the sphincter boyo?"

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

"How's she cuttin?" Also will these be on sale I like the design on the howya boy one :D

Maybe, I'm based in Dublin now and there's a good few little shops here that sell Irishy posters and decorative stuff, might try get something going with one of those...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭jesse pinkman

How'z it hanging? ya big langer ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Gran' day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

"Top o' the Morning"

So thinks many Americans...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

"Ah be the head on ya" - Westmeath

Advertisement