Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This GBA SP Thoughts?

Options
  • 27-06-2013 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

http://www.k1gba.com/?currency=EUR&osCsid=figmukvpjcks433gck45evfmv1

Found this online it's a gba sp clone looks very nice and apparently runs well according to the YouTube videos...
    It's priced a €55..
    Felt it belonged in retro as its not an established console..
    Anyway if I could get your opinions that would great!
    Tempted to buy this!! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    http://www.k1gba.com/?currency=EUR&osCsid=figmukvpjcks433gck45evfmv1

Found this online it's a gba sp clone looks very nice and apparently runs well according to the YouTube videos...
    It's priced a €55..
    Felt it belonged in retro as its not an established console..
    Anyway if I could get your opinions that would great!
    Tempted to buy this!! :confused:

Why would you want a clone? You'd buy a genuine one cheaper...Though I see this comes with an sd card, presumably this just runs roms or something? I'd stay well clear, just buy the real thing & a flash card if your that way inclined :)

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

EnterNow wrote: »
    Why would you want a clone? You'd buy a genuine one cheaper...Though I see this comes with an sd card, presumably this just runs roms or something? I'd stay well clear, just buy the real thing & a flash card if your that way inclined :)

Ya it runs roms , although I'd like a new one and you can't pickup a new genuine gba sp nowadays ...

although I'd like a new one and you can't pickup a new genuine gba sp nowadays ...

You can pick up mint condition used ones though. Those clones are nasty things, likely terrible screens, controls & battery life. You would pick up an SP handy enough in Rage/Retropolis/Ebay/Adverts etc for half the price of one of those clones

You can pick up mint condition used ones though. Those clones are nasty things, likely terrible screens, controls & battery life. You would pick up an SP handy enough in Rage/Retropolis/Ebay/Adverts etc for half the price of one of those clones

I must have a look!
    Thanks EnterNow! :cool:

Would you know where I can obtain a flash card?

• Advertisement

Would you know where I can obtain a flash card?

Fraid not, a few of the lads here have them afaik so maybe someone knows where to pick them up

Fraid not, a few of the lads here have them afaik so maybe someone knows where to pick them up

I've searched everywhere on the net to no avail , I might put it out there on another thread do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Delivery time long?
    Is the site safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Yes & Yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That seems to be out of stock and no more linking to sites selling flash carts, thank you.

Sure, gba carts are cheap as chips, why bother with a flash cart?

I only use mine to emulate GB/C games so I can play them on the GB Micro

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lardossan

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Sure, gba carts are cheap as chips, why bother with a flash cart?

to play the Mother 3 fan translation and Ninja Five-O given the mortage level prices for that one.

Advertisement