Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is Best place to buy laptops?

Options
  • 27-06-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey, i'm going to Dublin in the end of august and i'm really not used to the EU prices and shops in general, is financially worth go to Belfast or London to buy a ~600 euros~ laptop? I heard that is cheaper there.

If i buy on amazon.uk, i will have to pay any taxes?and how long takes to a package get from UK to Dublin with the normal send?

Except from pcworld.ie and amazon.uk, i don't know any shops, there is another ones with better prices?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Just go to Pc World or Argos.
    The Money you might save in the laptop will be spent on Fuel Flights.
    So unless your up there anyway dont bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

Why not buy online?
    Much better value than Argos/PCWorld
    Delivery is 10£ extra here
    Delivery is 18£ extra here

If you were insistent on shops,
    Argos, PCWorld, Harvey Norman, DID Electrical.

Buying online is much better value though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 samueldw

Absolutely no problem in buying online, i really prefer this way.

So, i will note be absurdly taxed if i buy online from a uk shop? i mean, if i did that here in Brazil, the taxes can reach 100% :o

Thanks 2,5 men and MCW

saveonlaptops and laptopsdirect is where i will find the best prices?

samueldw wrote: »
    Absolutely no problem in buying online, i really prefer this way.

So, i will note be absurdly taxed if i buy online from a uk shop? i mean, if i did that here in Brazil, the taxes can reach 100% :o

Thanks 2,5 men and MCW

saveonlaptops and laptopsdirect is where i will find the best prices?

No you wont be charged any tax if you buy from Laptops Direct or SaveOnLaptops.

Do you have a budget and a specified requirement for the laptop? ie. Gaming, Media Use, General Everyday, Travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Thanks 2,5 men

Looks a little different that way :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 samueldw

i want to spend 600 Euros or less, but i could spend until 900 if a really good deal appears.

I definetely want a "ultrabook", gaming is not focus, i use photoshop and am beginning to use 3DS max/ Blender casually (not rendering vídeos). i would like a 14" but most of them are 13.3" (use a external monitor to graphic work is a possibility ).

I also would like a i7, but i think this choice is based more on preconcept, probaly a i5-4gb ram- ~500~ HD + a small SSD+ a simple intel videocard will attend me well

What you think?

i want to spend 600 Euros or less, but i could spend until 900 if a really good deal appears.

I definetely want a "ultrabook", gaming is not focus, i use photoshop and am beginning to use 3DS max/ Blender casually (not rendering vídeos). i would like a 14" but most of them are 13.3" (use a external monitor to graphic work is a possibility ).

I also would like a i7, but i think this choice is based more on preconcept, probaly a i5-4gb ram- ~500~ HD + a small SSD+ a simple intel videocard will attend me well

What you think?

You wont get an i7 Ultrabook for 600 or under.

Heres one that fits your specs
    Works out at around 585€ delivered.

i5 - CHECK
    4gb ram - CHECK
    ~500GB HD - CHECK(500GB)
    small SSD - CHECK(20GB)
    simple intel videocard - CHECK(Integrated Intel 4000)

Advertisement