Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Do Politicians Protect Bankers ?

Options
  • 27-06-2013 1:55pm

this may be a stupid question but I don't really know or get my head around it

why do politicians protect bankers , its like they can do know wrong , why are they so quick to give them a pat on the head and move on

its like they can do no wrong

are most politicians corrupt and have loans they never pay back

its just baffling :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Because they are both robbing the country.

Because they are both robbing the country.

that what I kept telling myself , I just couldn't believe it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

why do politicians protect bankers , its like they can do know wrong , why are they so quick to give them a pat on the head and move on

Who do you thinks pays the funding for the parties to campaign come election times???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Because if they didn't the bankers would release the tape of that famous sauna orgy at the Galway Races a few years ago where most of the countries politicians were balls deep in each other!!

Its kinda similar as to why Tom Cruise stays in Scientology!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Western capitalism is based on the banking system. If the banks fail the rest will follow.
    Mayhem, anarchy, all that cool stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Bankers have the power to implode a country's economy and blame it on the politicians.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

are most politicians corrupt

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Because the Bankers keep the politicians in power :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

If we don't save the banks, the country will have to endure a dysfunctional financial system, become reliant on the EU-IMF, and suffer lack of access to household or commercial credit facilit..... oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

biko wrote: »
    Western capitalism is based on the banking system. If the banks fail the rest will follow.
    Mayhem, anarchy, all that cool stuff.

The banks did fail......and none of the "cool stuff" happened......bankers and politicians = Corruption simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

usually takes one hand to wash the other...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Who is currently protecting the bankers? If any illegality has taken place then it is up to the Gardai to make a case to the DPP.

I certainly do not want politicians getting involved with who gets arrested and prosecuted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Why do fools fall in love?
    Why do birds sing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

If we don't save the banks, the country will have to endure a dysfunctional financial system, become reliant on the EU-IMF, and suffer lack of access to household or commercial credit facilit..... oh wait.

Protecting banks and protecting bankers is not the same thing. You could save the entire financial system and still take all of its executives and throw them in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Who is currently protecting the bankers? If any illegality has taken place then it is up to the Gardai to make a case to the DPP.

I certainly do not want politicians getting involved with who gets arrested and prosecuted.

It's politicians' job to make the law and decide what's legal and what isn't. If what the 2008 shower did was not illegal then we can't prosecute them. Fair enough. In that case, the government should be making absolutely iron clad laws to make it illegal in the future, and there don't seem to have been any moves in this direction whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Why do fools fall in love?
    Why do birds sing?

How can you stop the rain from falling down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Ah Jesus, you don't expect the politicians to shop their golf partners. Just not cricket ya know. How dare you question these things.

Put on your green jersey man and shut your mouth.

"Come on you boys in green" da da da da da da.

Advertisement