Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish mirror dosen't seem to be that happy about a certain site...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

N64 wrote: »
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/06/27/fight-11/

https://twitter.com/IrishMirror

Who do you guys personally think is in the right here ?

I agree with your opinion.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Who reads the Mirror?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Probably lifted from here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Mirror showing it's true class again.

(Oh sorry. The Oirish Mirror)

Sh!t paper could have a billion stories being robbed, or rob a billion, i would never know, because i will never read that sewer cráp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

You appear to be missing giving your own point of view there OP.

My own point of view is I couldn't care less about faceless twitter arguments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

The Irish Mirror taking moral high ground? And there I thought I'd seen it all.

Allyall wrote: »
    The Mirror showing it's true class again.

(Oh sorry. The Oirish Mirror)

Sh!t paper could have a billion stories being robbed, or rob a billion, i would never know, because i will never read that sewer cráp.
    It would be a much better paper if they did copy everyone else's stories, at least their accuracy levels would dramatically increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Woah did Daily Mail seriously tweet susan daly's mobile number?!?! Farce of a paper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

And for us with Nokia 3210?

wprathead wrote: »
    Woah did Daily Mail seriously tweet susan daly's mobile number?!?! Farce of a paper

Which paper do you work for? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Shame and poverty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

The Mirror Crack'd

Journalists having a go at each other for plagiarising stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Sure doesnt that website joe Copy most stories from the more Popular or funny threads here

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The Mirror is a total rag, but whoever is tweeting on that account has a point. TheJournal are forever lifting stories from other sources and very rarely give credit where it's due.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Blonde goes into a shop and heads straight for the toilet, some time passes and the shop owner decides to see was everything ok, he goes to the door and calls in 'are u ok in there' to which she calls back, 'my husband asked me to take him back the mirror from the shop and I can't get it off the wall'

Dear sweet Jesus I made that up as I read this thread and have fought with myself not to post it, go easy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Best phone Ever. Never had any issues

I wonder does anybody still use one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The Mirrors Twitter page seems to be full of 'news' about 'celebrities' I've never heard of. Apparently someone called Zayn Malik has gotten a tattoo of Perrie Edwards on his arm. Riveting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Journal makes their money off other people's work, they're forever just lifting content and trawling Reddit for the latest viral dancing cat video.

However, the Mirror were absolutely bang out of order in publishing the Journal editor's phone number and asking people to harass her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Who cares? the broadsheet.ie and thejournal.ie are both extremely ****ty copies of the huffingtonpost.com. The huffpo gets people who know their **** to write articles for them. Whereas the irish sites have people who think they are the ****, but know nothing.

If mirror was a decent paper it should have nothing to worry about. But in reality it is as "good" as the journal and broadsheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/aspx/Homepage.aspx

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

hfallada wrote: »
    Who cares? the broadsheet.ie and thejournal.ie are both extremely ****ty copies of the huffingtonpost.com. The huffpo gets people who know their **** to write articles for them. Whereas the irish sites have people who think they are the ****, but know nothing.

If mirror was a decent paper it should have nothing to worry about. But in reality it is as "good" as the journal and broadsheet.

Well it's good for Irish stories you won't get in the huffington post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

The huffington post has gone downhill in quality. I don't think its to be admired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The Mirror making themselves look like twats yet again. That "fight" just about sums up modern journalism.

Advertisement