Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat v Skinny

Options
  • 27-06-2013 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Why is it socially acceptable to call people skinny but not to call them fat ?? If a fat person in my office calls me skinny why cant i call them fat ?? Why are HR getting involved now ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Another one? Seriously?

I've been called fat more times in my life than I care to remember, by friends, family and total strangers in the street.

Go ahead, call them fat, chances are you won't be the first one to do it. And if it makes you feel better, it's certainly worth it, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

TheNap wrote: »
    Why is it socially acceptable to call people skinny but not to call them fat ?? If a fat person in my office calls me skinny why cant i call them fat ?? Why are HR getting involved now ?

Stop bullying the fatties before you get sacked - and get back to fúcking work you skeletal dosser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Offer them cake to drop the complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

For the love of fooking jesus!! Yiz are obsessed! Second thread on same topic in 2 days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Shenshen wrote: »
    Another one? Seriously?

I've been called fat more times in my life than I care to remember, by friends, family and total strangers in the street.

Go ahead, call them fat, chances are you won't be the first one to do it. And if it makes you feel better, it's certainly worth it, isn't it?

I dont think you understand . I didnt just call someone fat out of the blue . It was in reponse to something he said to me . He just took offence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I dont think you understand . I didnt just call someone fat out of the blue . It was in reponse to something he said to me . He just took offence

So he insulted you and you insulted him back?

He deserved it. Forget about it now... and get off here and back to work before you get the sack ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 Locanfetzava

I would prefer to be called "fat" than to be called "morbidly obese"

I like search functions. Search functions are nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement