Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone else noticed on adverts has become flooded with delboy's

Options
  • 27-06-2013 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Just tonight i was looking on Adverts.ie to upgrade my Motherboard and Processor and Tower to save a few quid anyway's i have been watching this Ad for while now it's highly over priced but was hoping i could get him to break it down so i asked him if he would sell me his motherboard,processor and tower right no harm there until he replied with a asking price of how much the items cost him 2 months ago plus what he spent on shipping, now i priced these items on Amazon i can pretty much get the items he is selling for 91 quid cheaper with free shipping but anyway's the real shocker was he had his ad up for collection only so this guy wanted me or anyone else to pay 2 months ago's retail price+shipping+plus a little profit and expected it to be collected, has anyone else had similar encounters with people like this?

:To the admin sorry if this is in the wrong place if it is could you kindly move to a more reasonable location

:Sorry for any spelling mistake's and grammar :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Dublinpato wrote: »
    Just tonight i was looking on Adverts.ie to upgrade my Motherboard and Processor and Tower to save a few quid anyway's i have been watching this Ad for while now it's highly over priced but was hoping i could get him to break it down so i asked him if he would sell me his motherboard,processor and tower right no harm there until he replied with a asking price of how much the items cost him 2 months ago plus what he spent on shipping, now i priced these items on Amazon i can pretty much get the items he is selling for 91 quid cheaper with free shipping but anyway's the real shocker was he had his ad up for collection only so this guy wanted me or anyone else to pay 2 months ago's retail price+shipping+plus a little profit and expected it to be collected, has anyone else had similar encounters with people like this?

:To the admin sorry if this is in the wrong place if it is could you kindly move to a more reasonable location

:Sorry for any spelling mistake's and grammar :(

If you can get it cheaper with free shipping why not just buy off Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Why are you moaning OP? Are you sickened as you know there is probably some fool who will pay him his asking and you won't get your bargain?
    Move on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Lovely jubbly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Sexy lexxxie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Why are you moaning OP? Are you sickened as you know there is probably some fool who will pay him his asking and you won't get your bargain?
    Move on!

No no no you got me all wrong i'am simply sharing my experience as an example to see if anyone else has had similar experiences i would very much like to hear them or read them:D i'am not moaning i just found it very humoring that this person would charge you shipping and then expect you to collect the good's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

You PLONKER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Plonking rodney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

If he's selling computer parts he should be called Dell Boy no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

that you dave ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

He's expecting to be lowballed with an offer of €25 in Tesco vouchers and a half eaten mars bar, he'll probably end up "haggling" down to a more reasonable price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

<shuffles shoulders about> Ee oo dares Rodders, ee oo dares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Swiss Tony reckoned it was a good deal. How do you put a value on selling your own Mother cos you're board of her? Not to mention a lovely blender for the kitchen and a bit of property. Where was the Tower located and did it have a drawbridge? And was the processor a Moulinex? I've heard they're great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ahh Adverts.ie :pac:

It can be an annoying site alight. You buy something new for €100. Use it for a short while and decide to sell it for a reasonable €50. Someone gets back offering €10 :pac:

Everything is open to negotiation but then there is a site full on low ballers lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I know, I went looking for some johnboys and all anyone has is delboys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Adverts is great but when buying or selling you have to factor in the haggle factor - no-one ever gets the asking price. So if selling something, you overprice it to allow for the inevitable haggle drop and if buying, you offer less than the asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Swiss Tony reckoned it was a good deal. How do you put a value on selling your own Mother cos you're board of her? Not to mention a lovely blender for the kitchen and a bit of property. Where was the Tower located and did it have a drawbridge? And was the processor a Moulinex? I've heard they're great.
    i love Swiss Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

buying a computer is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.....

• Site Banned Posts: 51 ✭✭Plastic Sheeting

There's more idiots on there than Del Boys. I can remember I was bidding for a racing bike. The guy wanted 500 euro for it and I informed him that the same bike was in Halfords for 475 following a Christmas sale.
    The bidding went on for a couple of days and he withdrew after getting an offer of 300 euro from me.

Two months later the fool comes on and said that he desperately needed to sell it. He eventually sold it for 230 euros. I lost out because I hadn't the money to spare and he lost out on 70 quid. Absolute idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

What I'd like to see is people being banned from adverts, if they persist on trying to swap shit with you despite being told a number of times that you want cash offers only.

If I want to swap my smartphone for a clapped out Nokia, a sliotar and a go on your ma, I'll fucking point that the fuck out in the fucking advert, K?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Swap for an empty pot noodle and a jumper knitted by my Gran?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Also another annoying thing that happened to me (although you can't really guard against it) was that we put an item of baby furniture up for free to the first person to collect.

It was in good working order, just needed very minor repairs.

There were lots of bids - some quite emphatic, as a new one would be quite expensive - but the first person that asked got it.

They, however, messaged a few days later saying was it OK for them to fix it up (minor repair) and sell it on back on adverts!

Fair enough, no skin of our noses but I would have much preferred it to go to somebody that actually needed it and couldn't afford a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

I reserve a special place in my heart for the Adverts tools who pop somthing up for €1000. Someone who actually has a brain, offers a genuine €850. The seller goes"Naah, looking for closer to asking, thanks all the same" :D:P:D
    Three months later, the add is still up, and the seller is now trying to beg €200 out of some spanner who's offering €150. :D

There's loads of these, I have a name for them, it's Sadtwerps.

Advertisement