Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning .Net

Options
  • 26-06-2013 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Anyone know any good online tutorials or resources for learning .Net for a beginner??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Are you new to programming, or just new to .Net?
    New to OOP, or just .Net?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Buy yourself a lot of coffee and get the Plural Sight 10 day free trial...or go to the Microsoft C# starter tutorials.

Then I'd also recommend you find some project(s) doing things that interest you on the CodePlex site and read through how they are coded - probably the most effective way to learn is to "see and do".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Mort5000 wrote: »
    Are you new to programming, or just new to .Net?
    New to OOP, or just .Net?

Ya fairly new I've been learning a bit of Java for the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Tsipras wrote: »
    Ya fairly new I've been learning a bit of Java for the last few months

Why not continue with Java then (even though both languages are quite similar)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

ChRoMe wrote: »
    Why not continue with Java then (even though both languages are quite similar)

Thanks for the reply, I'm going into a course where I'll be doing both so that's the reason really..( I don't have a background in IT)

• Advertisement
Advertisement