Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEFL courses and teaching english abroad??

Options
  • 26-06-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Can anyone share their experiences of teaching English abroad and if they did a TEFL course would you recommend?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Moved to Teaching Abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

BigKho wrote: »
    Can anyone share their experiences of teaching English abroad and if they did a TEFL course would you recommend?

This'll be short as I don't have much time -

I did an online TEFL course with i to i, 145 hours in all, I found it very informative and useful. Take it seriously and put in the effort and you'll get most of what you need to start you off.

I'm currently in Thailand, been here two months now. Got my job through a teaching agency advertised on the i to i forums/jobs boards. If you need any more info on that just drop me a pm. It was the first and only job I applied for and got it with zero issues. I can't fault the agency so far and I'm loving the work (government high school). I also teach in a private language school after work 7 days a week. I got this by word or mouth, basically my landlady told the school about me and they asked me to start straight away.

Hope this info helps you somewhat. I was fearful before I made the leap but it's been the best thing I've ever done. Nothing beats going to and from work with the South East Asian sun bathing your face ;)

Advertisement