Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo work recommendation (Dublin)

Options
  • 26-06-2013 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere to go.

I have a photo which I have no negative for that I want to get copied and touched up.

Has anyone had a good experience somewhere?, south city preferably but not essential..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I might be easier to simply scan it and sent it to someone online..

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

In what size is this photo?
    Either scan it or take a photo of this photo then retouch it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,570 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

first question would be is it a photo you took? if it's a wedding photo, you may find a lot of pro places would not take the work as they'd be wary about working on a photo on which copyright is undetermined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

scanning is a skill in itself

you dont just scan it, ie you need to actually know how to do it properly. if that makes sense

and yes if its not an image you took, technically you shouldnt just copy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Thanks all
    stcstc wrote: »

That's the reason I don't want to just scan it, as I'd like a high quality one.

It was a photo taken in the 70s of family members. Don't know if anyone would have an issue with copying that?

I'd just like a couple of good copies as this one is slightly fading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

stcstc wrote: »

How so, exactly?

well firstly understanding the software for your scanner, you will get different results from diff software for same image

seconly understanding how to scan ie what is the best for each image, ie if its printed in diff says etc

understanding how to correctly use the unsharp mask of your scanner

how to manage exposure and colour correction

Reoil wrote: »
    How so, exactly?

stcstc have pro experience in printing, so he it's obvious that his knowledge regaridng scanning would be higher than ours. Anyway I have this weird impression that people overreact a bit here :)

@_feedback_ In my humble opinion if you go to any lab and ask them to copy this photo then they won't have any problems with such task.

sorry i wasnt being smart, was genuinely trying to be helpful that theres more to most of these things than meets the eye

stcstc no offense, I do understand that specific skill set / knowledge is necessary to provide quality results therefore I do understand your point of view.

• Advertisement
Advertisement