Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP checkup

Options
  • 26-06-2013 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area but here goes. I want to go to my gp for a full checkup but I don't know what I should be looking for. I had blood tests done a couple of years ago which were fine, but I have been living with a lot of stress the past couple of years and to be honest I'm terrified that I might have a tumour/cancer or something, although I don't have any obvious signs of illness (very Larry David). Is there any way that I can screen everything rather than just bloods (and what the hell do bloods even show anyways apart from obvious things like cholesterol?). Do I need to check my balls/prostate (I'm 34 years old). Can I specifically request a hot nurse for that :D

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Boards is not a Medical Advice discussion area.
    Best bet is to visit the local GP and them for their advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement