Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tetanus shot?

Options
  • 26-06-2013 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi,

I had a minor bite by a dog today which broke my skin. Dog has all it's usual vaccines/shots. My last tetanus shot was last year - Should I be ok, or do I need another one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'd say a doctor would be the person to ask...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

If it's your own dog and it has all it's vaccines, I think you should be ok, my westie nipped me last year and drew a bit of blood, got no tetanus. I'm still alive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 peann

It's my cousin's dog. It's a Bullmastiff - first time he's bit anyone. But he's huge, so I told my cousin to make sure he's muzzled from now on.
    endacl wrote: »
    I'd say a doctor would be the person to ask...

That's why I'm posting here :) My GP's surgery is closed at the moment. Just seeking information for anyone familiar with the tetanus protocol. I assume all Irish kids are vaccinated for tetanus in school? I'm 30 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

please read the forum charter re medical advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement