Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upcoming exhibition- a few questions

Options
  • 26-06-2013 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have an upcoming photography exhibtion in Galway and have a few questions.

1. I know this one is totally subjective but would it be better to sell just framed prints or prints and framed prints?
    You can argue for either- if selling both then might sell more, if just framed prints people who would have bought a print might buy a framed print.

2. In the accompanying page with information (will be on the wall) should I just put details of names of prints & buying details or also a blurb about the exhibition & me? again subjective but what's the norm?

3. these are my photo titles (I know it's hard without seeing the photos). But do you think it might look childish/amateurish (I am an amateur) to have song titles as my photo titles?

1.There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
    Light bulb and metal lampshade

2.Blue Monday
    Camera panning & long shutter exposure photograph of Galway Bay

3.Colours and Colours and Colours
    Macro photograph of 'hundreds and thousands' food decoration

4.Cherry Coloured Funk
    A bundle of straws with the colours inverted

5.Tunnel Vision
    Long exposure while driving through Limerick tunnel

6.In Bloom
    Camera panning & long shutter exposure photograph of flowers in a field

8.Under A Bloody Red Sky
    Galway landscape, colours manipulated in post processing

9.Green Day
    Camera panning & long shutter exposure photo of a field

4. anything else to note?

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Sell prints and framred prints.
    Put all your info on accompanying sheet.
    Song titles are perfect.
    Good luck with your exhibition and sales.

Advertisement