Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open - Good spectator viewing spot suggestions

Options
  • 26-06-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Apart from around the 17th green, I cannot find any information on what might be good spectator viewing places at the Carton House Irish Open venue. i am looking for ideas of where i should plan to locate to be able to watch the golf and hopefully see some exciting action.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Apart from around the 17th green, I cannot find any information on what might be good spectator viewing places at the Carton House Irish Open venue. i am looking for ideas of where i should plan to locate to be able to watch the golf and hopefully see some exciting action.

I'm not sure what areas of the course will be sectioned off for viewing, but I'm thinking somewhere down the right hand side of this map.
    http://www.swingbyswing.com/courses/ireland/leinster/dublin/carton-house-montgomerie/52500/false
    There may be a spot where you can see approaches to the 11th green, the Par 3 12th, and possibly the 13th tee shot (where they may be driving the green)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Terry Smith

sounds great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Yes I would have thought if you could get to the left hand side of the 13th fairway, you might be able to see them going at the green on 13th and drives on the 14th.

At the back right of the 12th green you should be able to see the 14th green.

16th green, its a cracking hole and they will be hitting up to the green. Mounds all around the green, so would be a great spot to laze away. you could always mooch over to the 17th tee.

17th tee box would be pretty cool aswell, there is a serious drop to the green from there and if you were right behind the players, on the tee box, you could see some great action.

Its not the best spectator golf course as its very spread out.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭saintastic

Couple of points I'd be looking to stand on:
    • Between the 1st fairway and the 2nd fairway, adjacent to the fairway bunker on the first. You should be able to see the drives on the first, the approach shots on the first, drives on the 2nd (short par 4 and birdie hole) and approach shots on the 2nd.
    • To the right of the 2nd green - see the action on the 2nd as above and the approach shots to the par 3 3rd
    • Left hand side of the 5th hole - this is the index 1 so it would be worth watching the pros play this one
    • Left hand side of the 6th green - short par 4, birdie hole and you should see the tee shots on the par 3 7th
    • As someone mentioned above, behind the par 3 12th green, you could possibly see drives and approaches on the 11th, tee shots on the 12th, drives on the 14th and approaches on the 14th
    • Right hand side of the 13th. This is the driveable par 4 so if they lay up, you will be standing beside them as they clip wedges in to a tricky green or else you will see their drives going at the green. This may play downwind so they may be only hitting 3 woods to the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

Hi all,

I have 2 any day passes for this weekend plus 2 grandstand tickets for Saturday, but have to head home this weekend now so will sell for €70 (worth €90) if anyone is going down.

Would like to sell to genuine fans, seats for grandstand are numbered (mine are for row H) so will be guaranteed a decent seat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have 2 any day passes for this weekend plus 2 grandstand tickets for Saturday, but have to head home this weekend now so will sell for €70 (worth €90) if anyone is going down.

Would like to sell to genuine fans, seats for grandstand are numbered (mine are for row H) so will be guaranteed a decent seat.

Did i not delete a similar post to this already today? Stick an add up on adverts and link it back to the for sale section here. :Last warning

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

Sorry Charlie, thought the last post didnt post properly.

My apologies, will use Adverts in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

Top of the small stand behind 10th tee gives great view of the 9th green and the drives on the 10th - watch out for the big hitters clearing the fairway bunkers on the left side of the 10th.
    Back of the tee for the 13th gives great view of 12th green, drives on 13th and some of the action on , I think, 14th as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Terry Smith

Thanks all for your inputs and advice. Had a great day today despite the weather and took as much of your valuable advice on board as was possible given the weather. The course is fantastic and some of the golf was great too. also easy to watch as the crowds were small and for some of the course we were the only ones watching some excellent stuff. All in all a really fun day. hope that others might benefit from the suggestions given in posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Does anybody know if you can watch the Lions Match this morning at the golf?

• Advertisement
Advertisement