Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb.ie = host.ie ?????

Options
  • 26-06-2013 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Apologies if I am just breaking all forum roolez, but browsing for hosting in Ireland I came across something like digiweb.ie and host.ie which seems to me to be the same company (novara.ie) and I am so confused that I am ready to risk ban here but ask - are they the same company? Why they use different domains and different hosting options etc? Any point to choose one over another?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Digiweb are having some problems with mail accounts in the past few weeks. It's simply not possible to log on to your email at some times. Trying to reach them over the phone is pointless - they are "trying to solve the issue" and busy answering calls from pi$$Ed off clients. Got two instances yestarday and happened once so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Well - I am not asking for opinion about any of them - just to clarify who owns who and why they behave like different companies?

It is really creepy when you realise that - OK, I'm not happy with company A, I'm going to company B! But - surprise!! - company B is part of company C, which in fact is owned by company A!! God only knows how they are connected / administrated / owned / serviced...

And it's not only about web hosting. Recently I've got confused because I wanted to buy Nissan and it occurred to be Renault instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_B_platform

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

zom wrote: »
    Apologies if I am just breaking all forum roolez, but browsing for hosting in Ireland I came across something like digiweb.ie and host.ie which seems to me to be the same company (novara.ie) and I am so confused that I am ready to risk ban here but ask - are they the same company? Why they use different domains and different hosting options etc? Any point to choose one over another?

Be wary about mentioning D15' ISP on boards ... ;)
    Below,notification received
    about the big fcuk-up AND before NOT receiving any more emails as per TODAY:

From: Hosting EMAIL="migration@host.ie"]mailto:migration@host.ie[/EMAIL
    Sent: 24 May 2013
    To: Unhappy pissed-off past customers
    Subject: Digiweb migration update

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am writing to inform you that the migration of your shared hosting account has been scheduled for migration to our new platform in approximately 4 days.

Just as a reminder, we are performing a complete hardware refresh of all servers and taking the opportunity to virtualise the entire infrastructure into a new cloud infrastructure and upgrade the hosting control panel (H-Sphere).

So what are the advantages to you and will there be any impact?

The advantages to you include:
    - Better and more consistent performance of your websites - newer more powerful servers
    - SAN storage - quicker and much more redundant storage => more reliability
    - More redundancy - As all servers are virtualised they can be stored and recovered with relative ease
    - Upgrade to the Shared Hosting software - latest, technology versions (PHP, MySQL, Wordpress etc.)
    - One click installers for over 400 of the most popular open source software (will not be applicable to some hosting packages)
    - Additional services - the environment change will allow us to bring some very exciting new services on board that will give you the opportunity of making your site more secure with better functionality at an affordable price - more on this in the coming weeks

The impact on you:

Very little really, over the next week we will be replicating your shared hosting account onto the new environment. Once all accounts on the associated web server have been migrated you will receive an email informing you of such. You can also determine if your site(s) have been migrated by logging into your DMS account (https://manage.hosting.digiweb.ie/myaccount/login/) and clicking on the link (home page main migration message) to check if individual domains have been migrated.

To facilitate the resolution of any issues we have created a special email address migration@host.ie. All migration related issues found should be sent to migration@host.ie. If possible please state the issue in the subject line from the following groups and also the domain name affected. E.g. Email Issue: example.com

Email Issue
    Database Issue
    Website Issue
    DNS Issue
    Other Issue

Please include any error message displayed on your site in the body of the email.

Updates on any major issues found will be posted on our blog - http://www.digiwebstatus.com/

All walkthroughs, tutorials and technical information associated with the migration will be uploaded to our customer support knowledge base - http://support.digiweb.ie/categories/Hosting+and+Domains/

For the duration of the migration all migrated accounts can be accessed with your current control panel login credentials through the following url - http://newcp.host.ie:8080/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP

Once it is confirmed that your account is migrated it is essential that you check your site for any issues. We have gone to great lengths to minimise any website issues but given the complexity and/or custom nature of some sites it is imperative that you check your site(s) for visual and/or functionality discrepancies.

Office/Phone Support Hours - 9am-6pm Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm Friday - PH: 1890 940 405

Ticket Support Hours - 9am-2:30am Monday-Saturday - migration@host.ie

Kind Regards
    Your Hosting Team

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

admin: We can't discuss specific hosting companies on boards for historic reasons, see the charter for more information.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement