Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WIZE is giving up smoking : O

• 26-06-2013 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Background:

Weight : 79kg

Smoking : 19 years

Amount per day : 25

Last Smoked : Today 11:09 am

Help : Im going to try this cold turkey style. Using an App Quit Now to measure my details .

Why : Feeling really ****ee and need to do this as a personal mission. I think im Lazy as when I get home from work im on the couch with the laptop and TV with a smoke in my hand. I dont drink so need to kick the habit and save my wasted money.

I will update this daily on my experience and wil be 100% honest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

WIZE wrote: »
    Background:

Weight : 79kg

Smoking : 19 years

Amount per day : 25

Last Smoked : Today 11:09 am

Help : Im going to try this cold turkey style. Using an App Quit Now to measure my details .

Why : Feeling really ****ee and need to do this as a personal mission. I think im Lazy as when I get home from work im on the couch with the laptop and TV with a smoke in my hand. I dont drink so need to kick the habit and save my wasted money.

I will update this daily on my experience and wil be 100% honest.

Best of luck! I've downloaded that app too, hopefully it will help

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sarwal

Good luck wize and missy, it's no where close to being easy, I havnt done cold turkey- am usinging the niquitin mints (which are brilliant- keep me sane) ... Haven't had a smoke in 3 weeks and even though I'm still finding it hard really don't want to go backwards - basically as far as I'm concerned if you really really want to it can be done ( I've wanted to give in so many times these last 23 days but refuse to)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Sarwal wrote: »
    Good luck wize and missy, it's no where close to being easy, I havnt done cold turkey- am usinging the niquitin mints (which are brilliant- keep me sane) ... Haven't had a smoke in 3 weeks and even though I'm still finding it hard really don't want to go backwards - basically as far as I'm concerned if you really really want to it can be done ( I've wanted to give in so many times these last 23 days but refuse to)
    I hear acupuncture has good results €50/session no more than 3-4 sessions some people give up after 1 session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I hear acupuncture has good results €50/session no more than 3-4 sessions some people give up after 1 session.
    Can anyone back up this claim? I think that I should changed my username to Threadkiller :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭nickkinneg

Hi there
    re: acupuncture I tried it paid 50 euro for the session didnt work was smoking as soon as I came out of the session - am off them 21 days today
    using patches, willpower and Alan Carr book.
    Still finding it difficult - worked out i was spending roughly $3,300 per year possibly more on fags, felt constantly lethargic and had a wheeze. The wheeze has already disappeared - smell better - still getting cravings though

I read somewhere that the cigerette companies have been "freebasing" cigerrettes for years - using ammonia with it - to make the nicotine travel quicker through the body - making it up to 35 times more addictive - not sure if this is conspiracy theory or true though, good luck to everyone though - not easy but worth it

• Advertisement
Advertisement