Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what do you use your tablet for?

• 26-06-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about buying a Teblet at some point, with my preferences being Samsung or Apple. I have a vague idea of what I'd use it for, but I'm not sure that the outlay would be worth it. So I thought I'd ask what others use theirs for. And would they rate the experience highly.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

If you are unsure of what to go for id go Android

In the event you end up using it for just music/videos its alot easier to use.

I mainly use mine for Music, Videos, browsing when commuting or abroad. (Did get addicted to FMH2013 a while back) Iv a TF300, got it on adverts and am happy with the purchase.

For anythinng "serious" i still use the laptop though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I'd like it mostly for browsing the web, watching the odd movie. Fed up getting my thighs burnt with the laptop on my legs! :D

I'm a teacher, so would also like to be abe to do some work with powerpoints and the work on it. Nothing major, just some editing. Would like to be able to project from the tablet. Is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,658 ✭✭✭✭phog

I use mine for twitter, browsing, emails and viewing photos on my camera.

In our house we have 3 10" tablets and 1 7" tab, two are Samsung and I think they are the best if the 4.

If you other apple products then an iPad might be the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I use mine for browsing, email and watching tv mainly. Also xbmc to stream content from hard drive. Highly recommended, you'll wonder how you lived without one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

stay away from apple then, many of the streaming/movie sites aren't compatible with the Ipad.
    Ipad is over priced and not really that special. (My partner has it ..because he's an apple 'fanboy' >.<...)

Samsungs tablets seem to be quite good. But there is cheaper. The Goclever tabs are approx 170 to 200 in price fot a 10" tablet. They're good for the price.

don't bother with win8 yet,... you'll probably find android easier to use if you're used to a smart phone too.

Some tablets have "hdmi out" (or mini hdmi). I don't if this works with a projector, but you can connect it to TV's.
    However, you're unlikely to actually work much on the tablet due to the small screen. But you could look at the win8 tablets with a keyboard in the shops and see if they'd suit your needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I use it for loads of stuff, listening to music, reading - magazines, papers and books, Facebook, surfing the web, it's my favourite device for surfing the web, email, watching movies and tv shows. Since my laptop is now basically a media PC that is constantly hooked up my TV I use the tablet as a remote, it works very well especially with XBMC.

I have an ipad, I find it to be a remarkably versatile device, it has good build quality I am very happy with it, when I am upgrading I will be getting another ipad, I love windows PC's and apple gadgets, so I have the best of both worlds IMHO, couldn't see myself every getting a mac and could see my self getting a phone or tablet that didn't have iOS.

Advertisement