Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking volunteer work

Options
  • 26-06-2013 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Thinking of volunteering I'm a IT student into sports and am looking to volunteer in something social has anyone got any ideas or experiences in an area i could get involved in ? I would not be into standing on the street all day shaken a bucket ideally doing something active with co workers or young people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 zoeenya

You could volunteer with your local foroige, or there are often looking for people to volunteer with local sports groups. But id say foroige is your best bet, as they are the main youthgroup in ireland, and do a lot of different things with young people.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

If you are an IT student, why don't you look into a Coder Dojo, they seem to be getting set in most counties, be a great benefit for you and also to help children learn how to write computer code.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

The thing about Coder Dojo is that they try to not make it like a class, so your more like a mentor. Its great craic and the volunteers are sound there. It does seem to be something their always keeping an eye out for.

Try looking on the Volunteer Ireland website. You might see something there.

Advertisement