Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metric

Options
  • 25-06-2013 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine asked me to suggest that all GAA commentators, press, radio and television etc. describe players weight and height in Kilos and Centimeters. Makes sense to me as this the standard we now adopt and teach in schools.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

Xenophile wrote: »
    A friend of mine asked me to suggest that all GAA commentators, press, radio and television etc. describe players weight and height in Kilos and Centimeters. Makes sense to me as this the standard we now adopt and teach in schools.

Won't change the players height or weight so what does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

bbsrs wrote: »
    Won't change the players height or weight so what does it matter?

It would be just moving with the times and making it easier for young people to identify with. Who knows we may even have a European Championship one day ! Ha Ha.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Would ya ever stop - I don't remember ever seeing a kid shouting out 'he must be over one hundred and eighty-five centimetres tall!' instead of 'he must be over six feet!'.

It's very much fine as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I would suggest yourself and your friend need to get out more Xenophile ;)

I would suggest yourself and your friend need to get out more Xenophile ;)

Might see you at the Minor match in Thurles tonight! Oh bye the way I hope the county board put a bit of paint on the side lines to give both players and spectators a chance to see where it is. I have brought this to attention in the past. Better if I discuss this issue on the Tipperary GAA thread in regions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Might see you at the Minor match in Thurles tonight! Oh bye the way I hope the county board put a bit of paint on the side lines to give both players and spectators a chance to see where it is. I have brought this to attention in the past. Better if I discuss this issue on the Tipperary GAA thread in regions.

I'll be there alright, the groundsman retired during the week in Thurles so with a new man coming now is your chance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

It would be just moving with the times and making it easier for young people to identify with. Who knows we may even have a European Championship one day ! Ha Ha.
    there already is one.
    http://europegaa.eu/

there already is one.
    http://europegaa.eu/

Thanks, I have added the site to my favourites.

Advertisement