Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I be worried about this delivery.

Options
  • 25-06-2013 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought an item off eBay last friday, was sent with Royal Mail International Signed for with Insurance.
    I Got the tracking number friday evening and checked it saturday and it said
    Your item, posted on 21/06/13 with reference xxxxxxxxxx has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in EIRE.

Which I presume they sent it on saturday (royal mail must work on saturdays)

Anyways estimated delivery is between today and thursday but An Post claim to have no received the item yet, I cant track it on there website.

Bit weird the way it's not even in Ireland yet and its tuesday. Should I be concerned? I presume ringing them won't make any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I wouldn't be worried. It has only been a few days. It can take a while for the shipment to get into the systems if they do at all, and also the tracking numbers don't always work on the An Post site considering they are usually for the original postal service. Sometimes An Post relabel with their own codes for their systems I have found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

I had a delay with Royal Mail last week (got that same tracking message), took a full week from UK to arrive, whereas I'd usually expect 2-3 days. Supplier said they'd noticed delays shipping to Ireland recently and suggested it might be customs. I don't know what the chain/system is, but seems plausible in your case too if An Post claim not to have got it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

From reading many similar threads to this on boards , I'd say there is no need to worry at all , and as soon as it arrives in Ireland , it will be scanned and updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

i order a fair bit from th UK, only last week i ordered a thermostat for the dishwasher and it took over a week to get here, there is no doubt that An Post are a complete joke but there was the incident with the suspicious package over the weekend that they said would delay things aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

You can definitely ignore the Royal Mail Tracking number from now. An Post will apply their own number. As it is listed as forwarded to Ireland you should get it in the next day or so.....unless customs took it aside, although that would be unusual for a UK origin parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

chopsey wrote: »
    i order a fair bit from th UK, only last week i ordered a thermostat for the dishwasher and it took over a week to get here, there is no doubt that An Post are a complete joke but there was the incident with the suspicious package over the weekend that they said would delay things aswell.

So you just presume its An Post's fault.Royal Mail are notoriously slow and their tracking system is dire.If its in the Irish system you can trace its every move right up to delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I wouldn't worry to much. I would expect to receive your item on either Thursday or Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

ARAUAGUGH Zombie thread re-awakens. I hope he's still not waiting on that parcel:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Oops never looked at the date of the first post! Sorry mods.

Kovu Murr wrote: »
    ARAUAGUGH Zombie thread re-awakens. I hope he's still not waiting on that parcel:rolleyes:

HA HA!! Sorry my bad,his comment on An Post p*ssed me off as i'm a postie ,didn't think it would rise from the dead.I promise i won't say anything else.:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Generally people who think An Post are crap have never had to deal with any other domestic post service. An Post are fairly cheap and fairly reliable when compared to pretty much any other service going in Europe.

MYOB wrote: »
    Generally people who think An Post are crap have never had to deal with any other domestic post service. An Post are fairly cheap and fairly reliable when compared to pretty much any other service going in Europe.
    Awwhh shucks!!!!:)
    Def come a long way in the last couple of years,what most people don't realize is that the job has changed dramatically and the old bad habits have mostly been phased out with the modernization and introduction of new offices and high tech equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sophie4187

I'm having the same issue. I got something sent from Ebay UK via international signed for delivery. I checked royal mail tracking and talked to them over and over via twitter which they told me my item arrived in Ireland on the 22nd. The person that posted the item said that the post office told him that it would be delivered via private carrier in Ireland. Royal Mail customer service says it will be delivered via An Post. Called An Post and they have no record of the item.

Told Royal Mail and now they can't even tell me who will be delivering my package - whether it will be An Post or GLS or whoever does their delivering. No new Irish tracking number, nothing.

Have no idea what to do now.

sophie4187 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. I got something sent from Ebay UK via international signed for delivery. I checked royal mail tracking and talked to them over and over via twitter which they told me my item arrived in Ireland on the 22nd. The person that posted the item said that the post office told him that it would be delivered via private carrier in Ireland. Royal Mail customer service says it will be delivered via An Post. Called An Post and they have no record of the item.

Told Royal Mail and now they can't even tell me who will be delivering my package - whether it will be An Post or GLS or whoever does their delivering. No new Irish tracking number, nothing.

Have no idea what to do now.
    Same thing happened to me recently,Royal mail said it had been handed over for delivery to Ireland ,total bull, i work for An Post and item showed up in the DMC 6 days later.Royal mail must be scanning items as outgoing but then leave them in cages for days until they actually leave depot.Your UK tracking number should work on the An Post website as soon as it arrives on the Irish end French and British codes are normally compatible with An Post's system.You can see every movement of an item in the Irish system ,even if its held by customs.Royal Mail's is totally useless,will just tell you its on its way ,no specific location

So the fact that they said it was in Ireland on Friday means nothing?

Terrific! What a great service....... NOT! Why pay extra for international signed for delivery??

So the fact that they said it was in Ireland on Friday means nothing?

Terrific! What a great service....... NOT! Why pay extra for international signed for delivery??

That's my experience with Royal Mail ,they said it was handed over to Irish postal services,total lie,arrived Ireland nearly a week later.As soon as it arrives in Ireland it will be scanned into the system.The problem with RM is they are not scanning the item enough times,i knew when it was posted ,didn''t get any info on location or times then nothing till it arrived in Ireland and was scanned almost immediately.On this end you can follow it every stage and will even tell you if its in your local sorting office ,out on delivery,no answer,delivered etc.

Ya I get ya - I've never had a problem with an post either

At least I'm not alone in this! Frustrating to say the least!

Just keep trying to track it on http://track.anpost.ie/
    It will show up when it gets to your main sorting centre.I got something on groupon and same thing,they told me TNT had it ,RM said An Post had it.You could ring customer services,they are pretty much on the ball and are good at finding out where stuff is when it goes missing.Then i would contact RM for refund ,ask them to send you proof of delivery ,they won't have it as they are telling porkies.

Ring which customer service? I rang an post and they just said they had no record

They should have been a bit more helpful than that.
    Tell them RM said that An Post have it,heres some numbers
    Mail or Postage questions CallSave 1850 57 58 59 or call 01-7057600
    failing that use this link
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Customer+Service/OnlineEnquiryFormM58.htm
    Click on open PDF print it,fill it in and post it ,i would give it till the end of the week though as this has happened to me more than once and i have always gotten the item eventually.

• Advertisement

That's the number I called this morning.

They said they had no record of it being in ireland when I told them that Royal Mail said that an post had it.

He said that he wouldn't trust Royal Mail as far as he could throw them and to keep checking around 7-9pm because that's when the tracking updates a lot of the time

That's the number I called this morning.

He said that he wouldn't trust Royal Mail as far as he could throw

sad but true,a friend of mine who is also a postman had to send a lot of registered mail to a relative in England a while back.It was disappearing once it left Ireland only to turn up weeks later in the regular post,they weren't even scanning the Irish reg.They denied it of course but i personally think they are full of very bad old fashioned habits and it will be interesting to see how being privatised affects them,in for a big kick up the a**e methinks:D

Advertisement