Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrows

• 25-06-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Is there a restriction on what arrow heads you can use in Ireland or import from the UK? For example is fixed bladed broad heads allowed? If used on private land that is. I want to set up solid wood targets and don't want to mess up the fieldpoints.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SteveBabyface

I don't think that there is any restrictions but generally broad heads are hunting arrows and if you were seem eith them you may raise some eyebrows or be questioned by the authorities.

Other than that have fun digging them out of the targets. I read in one post on another forum tht a compounder could put an arrow through (all the way through) a solid 50mm piece of wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spectreon666

Ok thanks for the info. I wouldn't be out and about with the broad heads obviously...I'd be using them on private land and definitely have no intentions of hunting with them. Also in regards to the broad heads been buried into the target, there are stoppers afaik you can get that help prevent that and stops the arrow from going in too deep. It just fits in behind the arrow head.

Advertisement