Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird indentation on coccyx ... pregnancy related ?

Options
  • 25-06-2013 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is off topic but it has been bugging me for months and I am wondering if it is pregnancy related ? (past pregnancy ... not current ...LOL)

My GF (45yo) has three children. She has a very strange 'hole' or indentation at the bottom of her back, about an inch above her coccyx, roughly. it is about .5cm deep but not big enough for your pinky to fit .....

She says it is where her mother fell while she was pregnant with her ... but I am sceptical .. it is so perfectly centred and I have never heard of this kind of thing before ..

Anyone any ideas why it could be ?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Mmmm that looks extremely likely to be it. Many thanks Das....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I have one of those... as does my middle child... nothing was ever mentioned at birth though, so must be nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Thanks January - When I looked it up I was quite worried and I haven't mentioned it to her yet ... It worries me - did it mean that she was extra susceptible etc. .... Have you ever done any research or asked your medical people ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

To be honest it was only when I clicked Das Kittys link that I went "oh... I have that, so does my daughter".. I'd never have worried about it until now and it's never caused me any problems...

• Advertisement
Advertisement